X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben-n-Jo
    Established Member
    • Apr 2016

Farwest generally just have the air set to 22 on auto and leave it there. maybe where im going wrong
    03 WG grand Overland.RIP
    05 KJ cherokee extreem sport RIP
    13 WK grand cherokee trailhawk

Comment

• drover
      MonsterMoose
      • Apr 2005

If you lift out the rear LH box thing and have a lookie this is where a few cable runs enter, if there's dust getting in it will show up big time really..
      Dust entry should be at a minimum with windows closed and recirc selected, opening a window will create a LP zone so as the air is sucked from the window dust will enter from any other opening especially at the rear but the design of the cabin venting shouldn't be letting it in and its usually poor cable sealing ..............

I always have my air on recirc, I know all vehicles will have vents in the back , where they are on these things I know not, some they are visible vents others they can vent thru the tail lights or even rear door cavities ........ I haven't really looked for them, they are there otherwise your air flow system wouldn't work at all...

Of course this assumes you aren't riding in the dust from the vehicle up front.
      2015 WK2 Laredo(ZG, WG)
      Never too old to learn something stupid

Comment

• FARWEST
        Rock Munki
        • Aug 2022

Originally posted by Ben-n-Jo View Post
        Farwest generally just have the air set to 22 on auto and leave it there. maybe where im going wrong
        Dont know about going wrong....thats exactly how I run mine...only time that changes is frosty mornings when I hit the Demist button....
        WK2 MY13 CRD LIMITED

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Comment

• Ben-n-Jo
          Established Member
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by drover View Post
          If you lift out the rear LH box thing and have a lookie this is where a few cable runs enter, if there's dust getting in it will show up big time really..
          Dust entry should be at a minimum with windows closed and recirc selected, opening a window will create a LP zone so as the air is sucked from the window dust will enter from any other opening especially at the rear but the design of the cabin venting shouldn't be letting it in and its usually poor cable sealing ..............

I always have my air on recirc, I know all vehicles will have vents in the back , where they are on these things I know not, some they are visible vents others they can vent thru the tail lights or even rear door cavities ........ I haven't really looked for them, they are there otherwise your air flow system wouldn't work at all...

Of course this assumes you aren't riding in the dust from the vehicle up front.

i'll check that out . ithink thats where those vents are too. have seen pics of cherokees that are missing the one way flaps on them but they're in a different spot. thanks for all the advice.
          03 WG grand Overland.RIP
          05 KJ cherokee extreem sport RIP
          13 WK grand cherokee trailhawk

Comment

Working...
          X