• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briaineo
    • Feb 2016

Oil Cooler Removal/Replacement

Greetings form the emerald isle

My oil cooler has pooped again and let oil into the coolant system, I only had it done for the same reason a year ago - used aftermarket cooler big mistake!

Is there a link anywhere on the removal/installation of the cooler - I'm not doing the job myself but the same mechanic is doing it as last year: It took him a while to get the old one off so if there was a step by step guide that would be great.

thanks
  • Ben-n-Jo
    Established Member
    • Apr 2016

I followed festers post here.
    Hey guys any ideas why my new WG CRD piece of crap just dumped all it's engine oil into the cooling system and why it had to do it here at Rainbow Beach with van in tow just as we are heading for home. No warning lights no overheating no misfiring no lack of power. Only my wife noticed as we parked and headed off for morning

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk
    03 WG grand Overland.RIP
    05 KJ cherokee extreem sport RIP
    13 WK grand cherokee trailhawk

Comment

• lekie
      Senior Newbie
      • Jun 2009

Oil Cooler Removal

Hi All
      This thread points to a post from Fester about the removal of the oil cooler but I could not find anything.
      Questions
      Is the set up the same for the WG and WJ?
      How is the cooler integrated with the radiator?
      I have a leak at the fitting where the pipe/hose enters what appears to be the radiator. My mechanic was not much help.
      I don't have any oil the cooling system.

Thanks

Comment

• Adrian D
        Lowranger Shocker
        • Apr 2007

diesels and petrols have different radiator systems.
        The engine oil cooler is installed on the oil filter housing. The transmission cooler is part of the radiator.
        Originally posted by Barefoot
        Hey I wonder what happens if I plug this wire in therAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH............

Comment

Working...
        X