AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What Model To Buy??
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What Model To Buy??

I don't own a Jeep, but seriously considering purchasing one soon. My job requires me to travel 420km to get to the mine where I stay for 7 days and then head home again for another 7. The last 100km is a dirt road which varies in condition according to the weather. Throw a heap of roos, emus and goats into the equation and it makes for a fun drive!
My vehicle requirements are not extreme by 4x4 standards, but I'm looking for something comfortable, reliable and reasonably economical. Would like to have a decent bullbar and cruise control as well. As this will only be a work vehicle, I'm not looking at spending a lot of money, around the 5 to 6k mark. I have driven Loluxes and Landbruisers and similar vehicles and not really impressed by their lack of performance. When it's time to pass a B Double on the highway, I don't want to hang around.
Ive been looking at the XJ Cherokee 4.0 and they seem like good value. Not real sure how good the Grand Cherokee's are, but I'm sure I will pick up all the info I need on here as I go.

Last edited by smally; 30-11-2010 at 08:41 PM.