AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - CRD motor mounts = V8 motor mounts?
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2023
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Hi guys. I finally changed both mounts thanks to @JeanLuke who got me in the right direction to take the exhaust one. I'm wrtting down some "tutorial" so other people don't have to go through the hassle I did.

Also, do yourself a favour and buy this tool:

Will help you inmensely on this task.

Intake side mount:

- Put transmission in Neutral
- Support the engine with the support bar
- Jack the vehicle on the intake side to give you more space under the car
- Take the nut out the support mount bolt from under the car
- Lift the engine a bit with the support bar on the intake side to relief pressure on the bolt until you can take it out
- Take the fuel filter braket bolts out and fit your hand under it and take out a screw that holds some electrical harness on top of the mount bracket. You dont need to disconnect the fuel hoses, just move aside the fuel filter until you can fit your hand under it.
- Take out the 4 mount bracket to engine block bolts out from under the car. Back bolts can be reached from behind the mount bracket. The other two in the front can be reached from the front of the car if the car is jacked on that side.
- Once you get the mount bracket out, cut the rubber with a small handsaw. Then cut the rubber metal frame. Hit it with a hammer and chisel until the metal frame comes out the mount bracket.
- Press the new mount into the bracket with a shop press then undo the previous steps in reverse order. Bolt through engine mount is 55Nm and the 4 from mount bracket to engien block are 20Nm + 90º (I rather use plenty of loctite and do 45º just in case).

Exhaust side mount:

- Put transmission in Neutral
- Support engine with the support bar
- Jack the vehicle on the exhaust side to give you more space under the car
- Take the nut out the support mount bolt from under the car
- Lift the engine a bit with the support bar on the exhaust side to relief pressure on the bolt.
- Cut the bolt with a small handsaw since you can't take it out because it hits the exhaust (really Jeep?). You will need a new bolt and fit it through the other side.
- Disconnect the turbo actuator and remove turbo actuator bracket.
- Take out turbo to intercooler hose and air filter to turbo hose
- Remove the bracket below the turbo. You may need a breaker bar, some of those are hard to reach and pretty tight
- Remove the 4 mount bracket bolts from under the car. You will need a 12 half moon etorx wrench to the the two on top (Thanks to @JeanLuke).
- Once you get the mount bracket out, cut the rubber with a small handsaw. Then cut the rubber metal frame. Hit it with a hammer and chisel until the metal frame comes out the mount bracket.
- Press the new mount into the bracket with a shop press then undo the previous steps in reverse order. Bolt through engine mount is 55Nm and the 4 from mount bracket to engien block are 20Nm + 90º (I rather use plenty of loctite and do 45º just in case).

Last edited by OffroadSpike; 29-08-2023 at 06:00 AM.