AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Just waiting for my new JK wrangler
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2007
Renegado

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tae.h View Post
Hi guys,
i am new to this site.
i have ordered a black JK wrangler sport (renegade pack) and it will be in Aus by mid June.
The price i will be paying for it is $39k (drive-away).

I've chosen the petrol engine, because i was told to wait a long period of time for the CRD and it's a bit expensive as well.

But reading through opinions of others, i think i've made a mistake by choosing the petrol engine, if I am not buying a rubi.
Hey, and welcome to the forum!

I've got the exact car that you have on order sitting in my garage (for the past 2 months) and was too was asking myself the same questions when my Jeep was on order. From my experience let me assure you the petrol engine is by no means underpowered! (if thats the overall impression that you were getting) ...I personally have never been in a situation where the engine felt underpowered (I have the manual tranny btw) I tested both manual and auto, manual felt alot better in my opinon, the power delivery felt alot more readily available.

I decided on the petrol over the diesel basically for the same reasons that you stated above; cost & availability... and the fact that most of my driving will be onroad. I havent looked back. The diesel is a fantastic engine but its $4000 bucks extra I can see it becoming superceded in the near future due to the great demand in the US for a diesel powerplant (just a thought). That 4 grand extra for the diesel could be spent better elsewhere for me!

My advice to you would be to test drive both diesel and petrol, and think about what you will be using the rig for etc. At the end of the day I'm sure you will be happy with whatever choice you make, know that I am!... Just my 2c's worth...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bert; 27-05-2007 at 10:17 PM.