CRD motor mounts = V8 motor mounts? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2023
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

I returned the bushings, I don't know which brand they are. I've bought a new pair from a brand called REINHOCH, model RH11-6031, they seem to be equal on the front and back, so I won't be having this orientation problem anymore. Hope this info is useful for someone else.
Old 15-08-2023
Senior Newbie

Hi.

I've been fixing the mounts this couple of days. Intake side mount was simple but very time consuming for first-timer, will write a tutorial on how to do it when I'm finished with both

The exhaust side mount is being a pain to remove. I removed the big bolt through the mount by cutting it (I have a spare one) so I don't have to remove the whole exhaust. Removed the 2 bottom bolts on the mount bracket from below the car, easy enough. The problem I'm having is with the 2 top bolts on the mount bracket, I've tried everything but there's no space from below to put the hand in the correct spot. Tried removing things in the engine bay, some hoses, the turbo solenoid and a bracket that supports the turbo, still no way to fit my hand and tools there and take those out. Out of frustration I tried removing one of them by brute force and partialy damaged the torx bolt, so I decided to stop before it was too late.

Can any of you guys who have tackled with the mounts before give me some tips on how to remove those last 2 bolts?
Old 15-08-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 274 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I just did this job last Sunday. It took me 6 hours!

The upper of the two bolts to the engine block need a half-moon e12 spanner. I used this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254792560456

The bolts to the turbo bracket can be accessed with an E12 socket, a universal joing and about 400mm of extensions. There is an electrical harness in the way, but you can flip it over the other side of the steering joint to get it out of the way. Just don't forget to put it back when you are done!

Last edited by JeanLuke; 15-08-2023 at 03:29 PM.
Old 15-08-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Check out my Ride(s)

The mounts I used were these: https://febest.com.au/crmb-grchf-feb...ine-mount.html

If you reverse on of them, the asymetry issue mentioned earlier gets resolved.
Old 15-08-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Check out my Ride(s)

Note one is reversed.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
Old 16-08-2023
Senior Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
I just did this job last Sunday. It took me 6 hours!

The upper of the two bolts to the engine block need a half-moon e12 spanner. I used this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254792560456

The bolts to the turbo bracket can be accessed with an E12 socket, a universal joing and about 400mm of extensions. There is an electrical harness in the way, but you can flip it over the other side of the steering joint to get it out of the way. Just don't forget to put it back when you are done!
Thank you! That's the tool I need, will try again once it arrives. I'm from Spain so it's a LHD, no steering components there.

Quote:
The mounts I used were these: https://febest.com.au/crmb-grchf-feb...ine-mount.html

If you reverse on of them, the asymetry issue mentioned earlier gets resolved.
Quote:
Note one is reversed.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
I don't trust the asymetry on those, I checked reference pictures and the OEM part doesn't look like that, both front mounts look the same (but mirrored). I returned the ones I got with the asymetry and bought REINHOCH RH11-6031 which are symetrical on both faces:

https://www.autodoc.es/reinhoch/16888351
Old 26-08-2023
Senior Newbie

Hi guys. I finally changed both mounts thanks to @JeanLuke who got me in the right direction to take the exhaust one. I'm wrtting down some "tutorial" so other people don't have to go through the hassle I did.

Also, do yourself a favour and buy this tool:

Will help you inmensely on this task.

Intake side mount:

- Put transmission in Neutral
- Support the engine with the support bar
- Jack the vehicle on the intake side to give you more space under the car
- Take the nut out the support mount bolt from under the car
- Lift the engine a bit with the support bar on the intake side to relief pressure on the bolt until you can take it out
- Take the fuel filter braket bolts out and fit your hand under it and take out a screw that holds some electrical harness on top of the mount bracket. You dont need to disconnect the fuel hoses, just move aside the fuel filter until you can fit your hand under it.
- Take out the 4 mount bracket to engine block bolts out from under the car. Back bolts can be reached from behind the mount bracket. The other two in the front can be reached from the front of the car if the car is jacked on that side.
- Once you get the mount bracket out, cut the rubber with a small handsaw. Then cut the rubber metal frame. Hit it with a hammer and chisel until the metal frame comes out the mount bracket.
- Press the new mount into the bracket with a shop press then undo the previous steps in reverse order. Bolt through engine mount is 55Nm and the 4 from mount bracket to engien block are 20Nm + 90º (I rather use plenty of loctite and do 45º just in case).

Exhaust side mount:

- Put transmission in Neutral
- Support engine with the support bar
- Jack the vehicle on the exhaust side to give you more space under the car
- Take the nut out the support mount bolt from under the car
- Lift the engine a bit with the support bar on the exhaust side to relief pressure on the bolt.
- Cut the bolt with a small handsaw since you can't take it out because it hits the exhaust (really Jeep?). You will need a new bolt and fit it through the other side.
- Disconnect the turbo actuator and remove turbo actuator bracket.
- Take out turbo to intercooler hose and air filter to turbo hose
- Remove the bracket below the turbo. You may need a breaker bar, some of those are hard to reach and pretty tight
- Remove the 4 mount bracket bolts from under the car. You will need a 12 half moon etorx wrench to the the two on top (Thanks to @JeanLuke).
- Once you get the mount bracket out, cut the rubber with a small handsaw. Then cut the rubber metal frame. Hit it with a hammer and chisel until the metal frame comes out the mount bracket.
- Press the new mount into the bracket with a shop press then undo the previous steps in reverse order. Bolt through engine mount is 55Nm and the 4 from mount bracket to engien block are 20Nm + 90º (I rather use plenty of loctite and do 45º just in case).

Last edited by OffroadSpike; 29-08-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply