AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Wh Grand Cherokee Common Faults And Issues (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75725)

oohgavin 14-11-2010 08:07 PM

I have a CRUISE CONTROL problem at the moment....it just drops out randomly!

I kinda thought it was a small fault in the semi automatic gear selector switch?

I also have replaced my battery with a Optima Blue top ($400!) but that didn't solve the problem either AND

I've just realised that my AirCon is always on even tho the light on the button is off.

My WH is outa warranty now so if I wanted a error report I'd have to take it to the dealership unless anyone knows where I can buy my own?

(I've had heaps replaced on my machine, before the warranty ran out...i'll list them all soon)

Any advice would be great, thanks folks.....

What No Jeep 16-11-2010 07:34 PM

oohgavin.... Did you know the A/C is supposed to be always on when you select floor, even though the light is not on the compressor is running.

oohgavin 16-11-2010 08:24 PM

I didn't know that! :shock: Why is that? and thats how I nearly always have it on too...

markjeff 18-11-2010 09:52 PM

The swirl motor has probably failed due to oil dropping on it from the crankcase ventilation tube leaking through the heater unit id push your dealer this is a common problem as they return the crankcase ventilation via a heater element to the turbo intake it fails and leaks oil onto swirl motor, I now have a ventilation chamber seperate to intake

markjeff 18-11-2010 10:05 PM

The swirl motor should be replaced by the dealer even though it if it is out of warranty you need to push that its an inherent problem, the crankcase ventilation system has a small heater which is surpose to vaporise oil then put it through the intake of the turbo however the heater fails oil gets through and leaks out of joint onto swirl motor
Id push for warranty its a common problem iv put an oil recovery tank so oil traces dont get feed back into engine

markjeff 18-11-2010 10:07 PM

12 Minutes Ago
markjeff
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH

The swirl motor has probably failed due to oil dropping on it from the crankcase ventilation tube leaking through the heater unit id push your dealer this is a common problem as they return the crankcase ventilation via a heater element to the turbo intake it fails and leaks oil onto swirl motor, I now have a ventilation chamber seperate to intake

John Lee 23-05-2011 07:10 PM

Now you guys are scaring me off with all of these niggles:rolleyes: I have been a 20 year Toyota operator 'till 6 mths ago (last vehicle a 03 Cruiser 4.2D) & want to get back into 4WD & thought a WG/H diesel Jeep might be about the right size. The cruiser is too big for me now & I loathe the side opening rear door on the Prado so it's another brand that I have to look at. I thought the Jeep might fit. But it looks like there might be a few issues? I have an acquaintance who has a 2008 3.0 V6 diesel WH available early next year. It has been power chipped & he says its producing 195kw and 610Nm which seems pretty good to me. It will have 90K on the clock at sale time. He tows a 26' Jayco with it. I guess I'm looking for reassurance that it would be a good machine. I know he looks after it well.

JL