AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Transmission Oil Coolers
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts

Impressive, I guess the "clutter" in the first picture is a swarm of grashoppers?

We, the thankfully customers, have to deal with problems the factory does not care about.
I had to learn the ropes with high heat conditions in VW's that were not build for a 50% higher engine performance output.
A general rule of the thumb is: Do not even try to cut the corners. Design it better than factory.(which can be difficult- as a non engineer) So it isvery often trial and error very.
Steal as much improvement thoughts as possible and transfer them all -if you want durability.

I know that butterflies and grashoppers are a problem in australia, and that the net is a common solution.

Oh my god, I do not act as the almighty offroad god I simply want to show different ways to avoid major problems.
Even the undercarriage does offer a lot of space for hidden coolers. They are used also in mil. trucks with a stone guard and do work.

Coolers can be hidden in sheet metal vented with those shark styled vents like those upper class vehicles( porsche did with great success in the Porsche 944 turbo.) Possibilities are endless. I want to attract your attention away from common procedures and to start thinking.

I watch the constant fight against effects- no one fights the causes.
It does not matter where the Jeeper drives.
Australia, USA , Europe- they all behave in the same pattern.
Coolant flushes, coolant additives, added coolers- but no one replaces radiators to increase efficiency. They cut the corners to avoid to spend money.
Of course it is no fun to dump money in coolant repair and a decent set of new BFG mudders does indeed look better than a new radiator.

I also now that there are some people driving the Jeep with a tight wallet. Sorry, absolute wrong vehicle...