Rancho RS9000 adjustable Shocks - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-05-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudioLara View Post
Hope is not too late, I have RS9000XL all around with incab control., rear RS99248, very good, position 9 for towing and 2 or 3 for city streets, 7 or 8 for sand, I have a 2,5" lift. this is the flex you get:

There's something wrong with this KJ....it seems to be flexing
Old 25-05-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepology View Post
There's something wrong with this KJ....it seems to be flexing
Yeah it only happens during a full eclipse of the sun which you can tell by the wierd light.
Old 11-09-2009
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

well i fitted a set to the KJ

used the KJ front strut and the Dodge Durango rear and i gota say they are brilliant

you wont get the rears from Australia they are a US import only

RS999764 front strut
and the
RS999248 rear

here are the details for those interested

RSX17004
Upper mount: LS28
Lower mount: LS28
Compressed length: 15.375"
Extended length: 24.625"
Travel: 9.250"

RS999248
Compressed length: 15.125"
Extended length: 24.000"
Travel: 8.875"
Body diameter: 2.18"

just waiting for my MYRIDE wireless controller to turn up

Last edited by Fouros; 11-09-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros View Post
well i fitted a set to the KJ

used the KJ front strut and the Dodge Durango rear and i gota say they are brilliant

you wont get the rears from Australia they are a US import only

RS999764 front strut
and the
RS999248 rear

here are the details for those interested

RSX17004
Compressed length: 15.375"
Extended length: 24.625"
Travel: 9.250"

RS999248
Compressed length: 15.125"
Extended length: 24.000"
Travel: 8.875"
Body diameter: 2.18"

just waiting for my MYRIDE wireless controller to turn up

4wd 1 stock the RS999256 which has the same specs, not sure whqt the difference is new model maybe? Which is where I got mine.

I would suggest that you get some second hand solid sleeves from a suspension place and drill them out to 12mm then cut them to length. Use your oem shocks if you still have them to get the length. I found that the crappy folded steel sleeves are two thin and end up grinding out the holes in the mounts. I know they supply some washes for spaces but they just dont do the job properly.

The biggest problem is you have to face the adjustment knob forward so it gets a pounding from gravel when offroad and when you hit the rocks well then you really got to look out.

One of the other good things about them is they are a twin wall design so they are a bit more protected from being bashed by rocks.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Last edited by aus-kj; 11-09-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2009
LOST

you cant get all 4 for under 600AUD from 4wd1 and a free myride wireless controller
Old 11-09-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros View Post
you cant get all 4 for under 600AUD from 4wd1 and a free myride wireless controller
I wish I had known that when I got mine............ I might of got the fronts as well.
Old 11-09-2009
LOST

but i love the shocks mate