KJ lifts and what to expect - Page 24 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-09-2009
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I think for the CRD the OME 927 would do the trick.
From reading back some CRD owners had the same report as you with OME 926.

The OME 790 are for bar and winch combo.
I think if you got them with no bar etc.. the front end would be way to high.
We have got the OME 790's with our bar, winch and lights and it it nice and stable at the front.
OME 948's at the back.
Old 15-09-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Jeeptrout,

I fitted the 927's and still had the same problems you have with your 926's - sloppy, shocker fade in bumpy conditions & hitting the stone guard unddeerr brakes....

I fitted CRDSTU's King's spring & this solved all the prob's.

If the 926's are being pulled out, I suggest going straight to the King's springs.

The only accessory I have on the front is a nudge bar.
Old 15-09-2009
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Hi guys, long time between drinks for me on here these days but ive found a spare few moments!

Regarding the rear brake lines for the later models, im still seeking someone to send me the line unbolted from the car so I can make a sample and test. I work with people who make these things for a living as well and just need a sample!! Id like to include it in the kit too.

For those of you with the tighter rear left hand line, for peace of mind i'd be undoing the screw that attaches the block section (you can see in the photo's on the previous page) that attaches the line to the chassis. This will give ample movement for the line should you want to go and really test your flex out.

Anyone keep to park their car for a week and send me a line to replicate?

Regards
Stu.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 15-09-2009
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I have a CRD with nudge bar, ARB fitted 926 in front & I found it too soft & then 927 were fitted, this was before the 790 & Stu's King Springs were available. I am happy with the performance of the 927 with my setup. I have 948 in the rear.
Old 27-09-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi I have had my liftfor nearly a year now and so far has been pretty good the only thing I can fault so far is I have lost pretty much all of my down travel which gets a bit annoying on the bumpy tracks because it tops out all the time.
My real concern is on the bitumen the country roads in WA can get pretty rough and I have noticed cornering on these bumpy sections at 110km/h the steering gets really light and a bit scary my guess is that the suspension doesnt have the down travel or isnt fast enough to keep contact with the road
Has anyone else had this problem?
cheers
Old 27-09-2009
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Just how high is your lift Nudge? The stock KJ suspension has about 8" of travel (according to LOST sources) from the factory. A 2" lift should leave you with adequate down travel to handle highway conditions. My lift is 2 3/4" front and 3" in the rear, and I have no problems with the steering at speed (then again I have a heavy diesel engine in the front). Lack of stability in cornering at speed can also be related to your tyres (type and compounding), tyre pressures, spring ratings, etc. I generally drive at a speed suitable for the road conditions, no matter what the speed limit. There are sections of the Gregory Development Road in QLD which are downright dangerous at the posted speed, so slowing down is just common sense.
Old 27-09-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah my lift is about the same mine is a diesel with an arb winch bar it might be the tyres as well but the toping out over bumps gets annoying and I dont imagine its great for the shockies either
Post New Thread  Reply