TJ: Ian's rebuild - Page 54 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian View Post
the front diff is a 35spline f350 ford kingpin high pinion dana 60 ,dont see them in wreckers very much here in australia... and the rear is as wayne said a sterling 10.25 inch (12bolt) full floater 35 spline,the axles are 1.5" thick . i will tidy the front up small truss to weld on the bracket over the pumkin, i think they are 4.1 ratio so all i will do is fit a lockright locker, and the rear i will fit a lockright or a minispool and do a disk brake upgrade, also fit some balistic fab diff covers.. and then spend the money i saved (not going solid diffs) on a 10.5:1 atlas to get my reduction for the 42's...
So that will be a crawl ratio of something like 190 compared to my 55...although you are in turn spinning 42's and me 33's....

What about going something like a 5.13 in the diff with a spool on the rear and a auto locker on the front - that way you can get some rev's up without reving the Atlas too hard?
Old 01-12-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where do you find diffs like that?
Old 01-12-2009
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepology View Post
So that will be a crawl ratio of something like 190 compared to my 55...although you are in turn spinning 42's and me 33's....

What about going something like a 5.13 in the diff with a spool on the rear and a auto locker on the front - that way you can get some rev's up without reving the Atlas too hard?
ya i would like to do that..but trying to save some coin for now and the 3 grand i will save will be 3/4 of my atlas.. and remember the smaller the ratio the bigger the pinion.. = stronger!! thinking of down the track if i go silly and drop a v8 in her.. but i still may go that way..just looking for ease to get her back on the trails sooner than latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
where do you find diffs like that?
been looking for them for years.... i do know were you can get some ford balljoint 60's think they are after $2500 each.not a bad price.. but remember they are 69" wide..
Old 08-12-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nice u will have ur diffs in a lot sooner to not going with solid ha ha im still waiting on mine only pay him 4 months ago
Old 08-12-2009
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil0 View Post
nice u will have ur diffs in a lot sooner to not going with solid ha ha im still waiting on mine only pay him 4 months ago

Yep, Dan's the man!
Old 08-12-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil0 View Post
why would anyone buy diffs from solid with crap customer service like that?

If it were me I would be getting my money back and telling him to stick his pieces of junk.

Last edited by Maz; 08-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-12-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
why would anyone buy diffs from solid with crap customer service like that?
Hey Evil, I'll take your 4 months and raise you 10 months.......
I think I'm winning.

But strangely, he's building your rear diff now, mine's on the floor in bits still. WTF???????
Post New Thread  Closed Thread