New Fraser Island safety rules - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > AUSJEEP Updates and News
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auscruiser View Post
From the EPA Website ( http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks_and...rts/02359.html

This alert is valid from 24 December 2009 to 1 February 2010 (inclusive) and it applies to the following parks:Please be advised that the Chief Executive of the Department of Environment and Resource Management intends to declare the activity of conducting a tourist service for backpackers in 4WD hire vehicles as part of a multi-day tour to access the Fraser Island Recreation Management Area as a prescribed commercial activity effective 31 January 2010.
Yes, thanks Auscruiser.

It's all happening, the industry has been preparing for this change, there is to be a phase in period.

There are still many details to be sorted, but in essence we have the skeleton of the minimum standards to driver guides established and will look towards offering a multi faceted training package to prospective guides in the coming months.

The Regional Tourism Board is moving forward with its partners to make all of this happen as quickly as is practical.

(P7offroad will be delivering a component of the training, designed for all commercial operators on all Sandy Foreshores).

we are still conducting public consultation and your views are more than welcome.

www.p7offroad.com.au/project.shtml

cheers

97 TDi XJ

95 XJ
Old 09-01-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mabye we could just lock everyone up and no one will get hurt. We are slowly moving to a world where no one gets to make their own decisions because a few morons cant make good ones. Bigger fines, what a joke, we are already the only country that you can lose your licence for having two people without seatbelts.(once again your own decision, If I dont want to wear a belt who is the govenment to tell me I should) And as for having a go at english who"only catch the tube" ever been to London? The only people who hold up traffic are Aussies who cant drive. We pride ourselves on being a country of ruff and tumble people when in reality we are a bunch of sooks who enjoy being told what to do by the govenment. When people have their ability to make decisions taken away by the govenment, of course they are going to make bad ones when they occasionally get to make one. Look people, you can not legislate against stupidity and can make the fines a million dollars and stupid people will funnily enough continue to be stupid. The people who flaunt the laws will always do so and the only people who get caught up are average people who generally make the right choice being caught out. Its like our speeding laws they keep telling us speed kills (even though their is no evidence of this, or Germany would have the highest road toll) no watching your speedo as opposed to driving your car causes accidents. Besides if offroading was 100% sanitised and safe where would the fun be. I realise I will cop some flak over my comments, but this is probably of the same people who continue to vote Labor and wonder why China has a better rail, education and hospital system. Stand up for your rights whilst you still have some.
Old 10-01-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry guys, one more rant. But with this legislate to save everyone mentality most of our country would never have been discovered. "So Burke lets set off to map this fine country" "No Wills someone may get hurt best we all just sit around this Harbour where its safe." These days im sure there would be some law against it. And as for massive fines, the penalty for murder is life imprisonment and people still do it everyday clearly this is not the answer......... Done now
Old 10-01-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mate for you to sit there and say that there is no evidence what so ever to say that speed kills is truly moronic, shame shame shame. Feel free to do 180kph down my suburban street any day, i wont call the authorities when you crash.[/QUOTE]

Here within is the problem.People go from the sublime to the rediculous. I have just said how it is not speed but stupidity that kills and would not doing 180 in a suburban street be very stupid? The 8 countries that have the lowest road tolls all have a speed limit much higher than ours, yet they dont all seem to be killing themselves why? Because they use common sense, drive courteously and have roads that can handle it. I dont think people are making the differentiation between speed and speeding, driving on a highway at a posted 160 that is built for it (Speed ) quite safe. Driving at 70 in a suburban street posted 50 (speeding) dangerous. We could lower the speed limit to 50 taking speed out of the equasion and people would still die. So no speed dosent kill, stupidity, inexperience, driver error and sometimes plain old bad luck kills.
Old 10-01-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mashed,

Read this. www.roadsense.com.au/facts.html
Old 10-01-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashed067 View Post
but unfortunately putting the idea out there that speeding is not the killer etc, is wrong.
Off topic but Speed never Killed anyone, it is the abrupt Stop thanks to the Tree, car, truck or the rolling over which kills.

I agree though, cap the speed on the Terrorists in Troopies to 60kph, then they will simply Drive Everywhere at 60kph regardless of conditions and probably still roll.

They simply have complete disregard for any of the laws, either speeding, driving over Dunes and starting fires, feeding the dingoes etc

Anyone have the actual figures for how many accidents actually occur on the island? a friend works in Maryborough hospital and she said there is Alot more than whats reported, only deaths end up in the newspaper etc
Old 11-01-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvesdodo View Post
"speeding" is a false advertising campaign to create revenue .... NOTHING MORE.
Oh yeah, better off just letting everyone drive as fast as they feel is safe, you trust everyone way too easily. It's funny how 20kph faster than normal is still safe when many people are 15minutes later than normal.

Personally I can't think of any of the near misses I've seen and experienced where I would have rather the vehicles involved been driving faster.

Ask a few people who have survived serious accidents if they would rather the vehicles involved been traveling faster when sh*t goes wrong.
It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand............
Post New Thread  Reply