265/70R17 - fit a WH? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010
asp_777
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Digging up a bit of an oldish thread here but has anyone gone any larger than 265/70/17's on this Forum?

I've just bought a WH CRD LTD and will be giving it the full treatment. I've also got a set of 17x8.5" 5.3" BS AEV Pintler Wheels coming for it. Was hoping to run 285/70/17's Happy to trim and cut here and there, nothing different from what Ive done with all my Jeeps over the years!
Interesting question - based on what any one might have as far as lift goes.
Old 06-03-2010
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what about the 245/75/17 and 255/75/17 silent armours of the jk wrangler ?

the slightly thinner section width may be an easier fit , bfg also make a km2 in 245/75/17 , mickey t do an atz 5 rib in a 245/70/17 an i think general tire make a
255/70/17 at2 .
Old 06-03-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had the STT 31's (245) on the grand and no rubbing with the 2.5" lift. Jenko put on my old JK stock tyres 255/75/17 and they chewed out on the insside on the stock rim. A better offet will work maybe.

JTO

Last edited by Jeeptheone; 06-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2010
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

elaborate on chewed out on the stock rim , do you mean they were fouling on the body or suspension due to the offset of the wheel ?
Old 06-03-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That was better explained Flexy. Not sure where the contact was but they looked good on. A better offet rim I think would make all the difference.

JTO

Last edited by Jeeptheone; 06-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexytj View Post
what about the 245/75/17 and 255/75/17 silent armours of the jk wrangler ?

the slightly thinner section width may be an easier fit , bfg also make a km2 in 245/75/17 , mickey t do an atz 5 rib in a 245/70/17 an i think general tire make a
255/70/17 at2 .
I'll only ever go BFG's and/or Mickey T's as I've tested them before and like them. I wish the new Goodyear MTR's were available in the 'smaller' 17" sizes.
The WH's come out with 245's so I want to go to a minimum of 265/70/17's.
Here's what 265/70/17's looked like on my wife's shopping trolley The KJ's have relatively small wheel arch's as opposed the WH's, they should be able to accomodate the larger sizes.

111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD

Last edited by CRDSTU; 07-03-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2010
asp_777
Visitor

I like that KJ. Looks smart
Post New Thread  Reply