SO, the JK is...... - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I believe it is crucial to have open/honest discussions around the flaws, without getting shot down or dismissed, however minor they may be. As when I personally began reading through AJOR well before purchasing my JK & subsequently signing up to AJOR there wasn't much focus on the downside of ownership.

Like most all i wanted to hear was how great the JK was so i could justify buying one

Sheltering people from the facts or quashing them without any real justification other than "I love my JK" isn't going to do anyone any good, sharing them so others are aware that these things have been occuring have since proven that many more have been affected by similar problems

It is far more valuable to get a good understanding of who has been affected, how the problem arose and what has or hasn't been done about it and sharing that knowledge so that others don't have to waste as much time seeking a resolution from their dealers

It also avoids nasty surprises if & when things do start to go wrong- I am lucky enough, thanks to AJOR, to know what was happening when I started experiencing my diff issues & DW. Had I not read about them here I would have been flying blind
Old 08-03-2010
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

rossj requested
Quote:
please don't make this forum a bastion of political correctness
Hardly likely

I hate PC BS as much as the next person, BUT the originator of this thread shows a total lack of nous with his homophobic contribution to the 'Wrangler bashing' thread. Not only are such posts in a public forum highly offensive (even to straight people), and quite likely to lead to prosecution, they give the impression that members of this forum are gung ho rednecks. If moderators have any concern for the future of this forum, such ridiculous posts should be deleted.

As a newcomer, it seems that there is a lot of crap on this forum that has got nothing to do with owning/driving/building/modifying/repairing Jeeps.
Old 08-03-2010
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
Define 'hardcore'?
Cutting, welding &/or blatant disregard of panelwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
What the hell is a ************ anyway? Is it a hampster or a guinea pig or a rat?
Some sort of roadkill popular with those obsesed with necrophilia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIO View Post
The whole JK V's TJ thing is BS..
Yup.
JK's have been around for over 2 years now and love 'em or hate 'em they are here to stay.
BUT the one observation I'll add is:
The popularity of the 4door goes to show what a bad decision NOT to make the LJ in RHD was.......Thanks Chrysler
Old 08-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
BUT the one observation I'll add is:
The popularity of the 4door goes to show what a bad decision NOT to make the LJ in RHD was.......Thanks Chrysler
Long TJs ... pffft ... would look like a Magnetic Island tourist toter ...

Really Mr Wooders .... you need to get serious with one of those ol bangers in your backyard ....

Old 08-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

The Jeep Dakar... What could have been..

http://www.jeepfliki.com/tiki-index....efe777fcb42b3d

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 08-03-2010
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,179 Times in 711 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I might also point out, if you find a thread you have issues with there is a button at the top of each post/thread that will replort that thread thus bringing it to the attention of moderators and admin.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 08-03-2010
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjay View Post
rossj requested
Hardly likely

I hate PC BS as much as the next person, BUT the originator of this thread shows a total lack of nous with his homophobic contribution to the 'Wrangler bashing' thread. Not only are such posts in a public forum highly offensive (even to straight people), and quite likely to lead to prosecution, they give the impression that members of this forum are gung ho rednecks. If moderators have any concern for the future of this forum, such ridiculous posts should be deleted.

As a newcomer, it seems that there is a lot of crap on this forum that has got nothing to do with owning/driving/building/modifying/repairing Jeeps.
Look out, its time to get out your tin foil hats....
So the OP of the 'wrangler bashing' thread says how his mates plan to put a rainbow sticker on his car.
I ask JOKINGLY 'arent they standard fitment ?' on JK's
And i'm apparently the worlds biggest homophobe, highly offensive to the general public?

You say you hate PC BS (as i do) then immediately contradict yourself and cant take a simple joke. Get over yourself.

The general crap you talk of is posted on the non-jeep/general chat section. If you dont like it, dont read that section, simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmohr View Post
The Jeep Dakar... What could have been..

http://www.jeepfliki.com/tiki-index....efe777fcb42b3d
That is truely hideous. Looks like a result of some sort on inbreeding between a KJ and a TJ. Blaaahhhh. The roof looks too high, the bonnet too low, as do the sills. Even with a lift i think the proportions would still be wrong.

Last edited by Richo; 08-03-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply