Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave" - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-09-2010
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

alot of tjs where owned by hairdressers they never wave to me
but they do call the cops for stalking

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 13-09-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I've only had a few waves returned but I still wave at modded jeeps.
Even on the open road I've found people don't wave as much as they did, a few years back almost everybody would at least raise a finger or two off the wheel but nowadays most people don't even look.
Old 13-09-2010
Paulybehaved
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
I love it......

"My Jeep is more Jeep than your Jeep" pfffft
I am sure other 4WD's have this same argument on their own car specific forums.
Old 13-09-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The missus and I were on the way to Byron Bay (sounds like a song??) anyways, pulled up to an intersection and could see a nice shiny new stock as a rock black JK up ahead on the side road of the same intersection, topless with a rather well groomed guy in the drivers seat in his white singlet (looking very 'happy' if you get my drift). I thought, what the hey, I will wave at anyone. We both gave him a courteous wave and a little nod and he nearly fell out of his seat jumping up and down waving back with both arms like kid on a sugar high! We p.ssed ourselves laughing as we drove past, he then burst into laughter realising he looked like an idiot and that kept us in random fits of laughter for the next few days

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 13-09-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake_N_Bake View Post
Glend was on the right track. Its more just outback or high country manners. When in remote locations it pays to be nice to every single person you meet.
Absolutely spot on... I get waves from (and wave OR nod back to) all road users out here in my patch of rural Victoria from farmers in rusted out Patrols/Navaras to primary school kids behind the wheel of agricultural behemoths... this ceases about 10~15Kms out of the nearest built up area

The Jeep wave of the future?

Last edited by tazwegion; 13-09-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 13-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser M715 View Post
JK drivers, i would rather flip you the bird. And here is a news flash YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO DISCOVER THE JEEP THING! Its been going on in Australia for the last 30+ years and most of you all s--t me.
x2
well said
there are few that are worse than others

Last edited by ACJ; 13-09-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 13-09-2010

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coming from being a member of another car enthusiast community none of the responses in this thread surprise me. Each community it seems has their own bullshit especially when it comes to the owners of one particular model disliking another model owner group. Seeing a group of the "true", "original", "proper" owners go against the owners of newer models is hardly new either.

End of the day it's the same bullshit that will be said in a few years time about whatever newer model comes out than what is currently on the market and the cycle will repeat itself.

You can tell the people having a cry/sook/whinge to harden the ******** up and whatever else but they won't, simply accept that, have a laugh at how stupid it is and read a different thread about mud/lift/winches/spotlights/fleshlights.

Post New Thread  Reply