lpg on a 360 fsj - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2010
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Im with Richo on this one, nothing that hard about LPG, biggest problem is finding mechanic who really knows what they are doing , lots think they do!
Old 27-09-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am with Richo on this one as well. My old waggie's 360 has 400,000km on it and other then a little head work and some ancillary fixin the 360 still runs sweet on LPG. I am a big fan of LPG our 3 vehicles are all dual fuel and the cost savings are great. I reckon LPG is also better for an engine cleaner burning and you can really notice this come oil change time - the oil is sooo much cleaner.

There is no way I would run a Waggie on anything but LPG, it just does not make sense.Took me a while to find myself a good LPG guru for the waggie but I have one now and the waggie is always running sweet, he has even taught me a few tricks.

Cheers
Tow truck, Daily Driver, and adventure non-urban vehicle
Old 27-09-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yes, my sj also runs faultlessly on gas. the gas equipment was old when i bought the car 8 years ago. i had a new mixer installed when the diaphragm broke, and the economy immediately increased. cost: yes about $200. the converter started leaking water a couple of years back. cost for a new seal: $70 installed. taxi repair shops are the best places to do anything on lpg for all the obvious reasons.

god, i cannot imagine running around in this car on petrol!
Old 27-09-2010
CrawlerStar

well it seems all my problems stemmed from a mech installing the wrong ignition coil. it all started from there........ i never thought about checking the one that he installed - it did not meet factory spec & it was listed as correct by repco too... ended up getting the right one from jim at mascots.

new coil.... new plugs..... new leads.... new dist cap.... new rotor...... week after week.... new plugs again - it was doing my frickin head in.....

what can i say? gas is good again - i've learnt so much in the last few weeks..... im happy again.... for the moment anyway!

yes, & my wag does seem to run a whole better on gas than petrol

wayne in hornsby - down the road from wooders - is the man!!
Old 29-09-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

great to hear, fsj. what was wrong with the installed coil?
Old 01-10-2010
CrawlerStar

wrong type.

like you would suspect someone, who, you thought would know what they were doing..... wouldnt actually know what they were doing..... if you know what i mean

anyway, i've learnt so much lately & with all the parts i've replaced, i've got a better truck now. regardless.

wife's back on side too.
Old 10-08-2011
CrawlerStar

well, to cut it short i encountered a raft of new problems & can't help but think that LPG in some way may have been a part culprit. I'm about to take ownership of a completely rebuilt amc360 from the usa.

& I'm thinking about removing the LPG system altogether & having this sweet thing just run the way it was supposed to. that would make me the 3rd SJ jeep owner i know to have done so.

it just seems as though its been a compromise the whole bloody way. but shit, the LPG system's on the truck (i know, people pay thousands to have them installed) & i feel a little bit crazy having it removed.

i just don't know what to do to be truthful. take the LPG off & eliminate a tonne of potential problems right? i only drive it 150km's a week, i think i can cope with the hit to the hip pocket..... surely that freshly rebuilt amc360 is going to be a sweet thing.....
Post New Thread  Reply