Parking FAIL - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2010
Super Moderator

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Parking FAIL

Hey guys,

Well I went to park the other day at the shops, Jeep is not a small car, but shops were busy and no bays really left... some commadoore driver had decided that his tyres needed to rest ON the white lines... What a... well you know what.

Anyone else seen stoopid things done by stoopid drivers?

I also hate when some LCS (Little Car Syndrome) driver darts in front of your jeep, with a steel front bar on dry or wet roads... stoopid move...

Anyone here have any experiences they care to share...
Old 11-11-2010
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Was going up Beach road Melb in the wet one morning in the Patrol, 2 lanes each direction. Was in LH lane going past a line of cars turning right..... until a girl in a new BMW 1 series decided she didnt want to turn right any more, pulled out into left lane in front of me. Was only doing maybe 45kmh, but abs kicked in, i braced for impact, but ended up steering left and bouncing off the gutter. I would have written off her new car even at low speed, bull bar would have gone straight through rear hatch and stopped somewhere around her seat.

Blasted her on the horn......... the biatch waved her pinky at me out the window and mouthed 'go f... yourself' in the mirror at me!

Should have just taken her out... without ABS i would have 100% slammed her and she'd have been in hospital.
Old 11-11-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
Was going up Beach road Melb in the wet one morning in the Patrol, 2 lanes each direction. Was in LH lane going past a line of cars turning right..... until a girl in a new BMW 1 series decided she didnt want to turn right any more, pulled out into left lane in front of me. Was only doing maybe 45kmh, but abs kicked in, i braced for impact, but ended up steering left and bouncing off the gutter. I would have written off her new car even at low speed, bull bar would have gone straight through rear hatch and stopped somewhere around her seat.

Blasted her on the horn......... the biatch waved her pinky at me out the window and mouthed 'go f... yourself' in the mirror at me!

Should have just taken her out... without ABS i would have 100% slammed her and she'd have been in hospital.
First time I've ever heard of someone call their Man Horn a Patrol.
Old 11-11-2010
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tend to park them in, my passenger side to their driver side(if i'm on my own) leave them 6 inches to open their door and all they're going to hit are my rub rails or tyres. Hopefully makes them think next time.

ps don't do it when the tops down!
Old 11-11-2010
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

car parks are breeding grounds for morons.. no matter what vehicles they drive
1. they give you guide lines to show you how to park straight.. or even on a 45degree angle. its not hard... although now Ive just about given up and say its ok because I have QLD number plates.
2. Small cars need to take multiple approaches into a car park. and usually just when Im in a mad rush to take a leak..
3.people walking around the car sections like they no longer have to remain aware that there are vehicles still in operation
4. Trolleys.. people walk around the shops and buy all this chit then walk back to the car load it all up sort the whinging kids out and YET THEY FIND IT TOO HARD TO PUT THE TROLLEY BACK INTO A TROLLEY BAY. apparently its ok just to leave your trolley (which you have shared a fair amount of time with) just in the first empty car park. Id just like to say F U you lazy pricks.
5.trolley attendants.... DO THEY EVEN EXIST?????
6.idiots that have no idea what pedestrian crossiings are.. anyone whjo has met me knows Im not a little man.. and add to that wearing fluro shirt with fluro socks..reflective shorts etc etc.. Surely people can see me.. but I got hit *at slow speed* by a woman whilst I was on the far right section of the crossing. *maybe she lined me up* Im sure I have more pent up aggression in regards to this matter but I need a drink to calm down.. haha

Old 11-11-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

I had a few close calls at a crossing near where I used to work. people would come down a hill, swing around the roundabout & ignore the crossing I was already on. Had to take a step back a few times. Seems that I counterbalance the step back by swinging the other knee or foot forwards, though. So several of those ones I had to dodge, ended up with dents in their door...
Old 11-11-2010
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Don't any of you clowns ever come to Hong Kong , Macau or China if that is all you have to moan about!
The chances of any car being parked within the lines is highly unlikely, it takes a mazda 121/Daewoo/mini, Suzi Hi-jet or carry a minimum of 6 attempts to park in a std space.
If they are in a hurry, double parking BESIDE an EMPTY space is OK.
Zebra Crossings are a mere suggestion for traffic to give way to pedestrians.
Indicators seem to be an optional extra that aren't fitted to cabs.

Injuring a pedestrian is more expensive to the driver than killing one- There was a video around showing a Chinese driver who knocked down a kid, got out to see if they were OK, when he saw the kid was badly hurt, got back in and reversed over him several times till he was dead.
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Post New Thread  Reply