Hopeful new owner - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2011
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Ok Gorby you are in Sydney right? We have an active KJ community in Sydney. Happy to help out with any issues you find along the way. You might find some value in going over to the LOST Forum and having a read about KJs over there as well. Its a US based forum (where the KJ was known as the Liberty) but some of us are members of both forums mainly to cover all sources of KJ informaiton.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/index.php

I just had a quick look at Carsales.com.au and there is really nothing there to speak of at the moment in the Sydney area. Stay away from the petrol 2.4L models (there were a few of these around in 2002/03 model year and they are gutless and obviously not the diesel). You may have to look further a field - they are hard to find because people tend to keep them once they have one. Ask cmohr how hard he had to look to find his.

Last edited by glend; 12-04-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2011
Adventure SUV

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Hi glend, yep I'm in Sydney, I'll update my profile after this post. I think there's a 2.5 on trading post just outside sydney and also a renegade down that way in a dealer too. Although that one is a bit out of the price bracket, but might be able to talk them down a bit.

I know what you're saying though about being hard to find. I'll keep an eye out and see what comes up.
Old 13-04-2011
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Just as a side note, I already had a V6 04 model, with a heap of mods on it, one being a ARB bar, so when I was looking I had to go for an earlier model so as I could just swap everything over to it. IF a later model 2.8 manual had come up in my price range, with a front bar on it, I would almost certainly have gone for it. At one point I almost gave up on getting a manual and almost bought an auto 04 CRD in the same colour and model as my V6, but then a manual popped up on carsales at 11am one morning, I had bought it by 2pm.

I do suggest that if possible, get out and around and just test drive a few vehicles, autos manuals, CRD's and petrols so as you can see and feel the differences between them.

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 13-04-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Yep, we had to drive to Albury to get ours.
I have a friend looking for one in Sydney atm too, he's not having much luck..

2015 KL Limited with all the goodies.
ex 06 KJ CRD Renegade, Lifted and GDE Tuned
Old 13-04-2011
Adventure SUV

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Yeah there's not much about at the moment. I've been told I have to wait till after our wedding by her who controls the purse strings.... OK well that means I only have to wait about 5 weeks.

Good thing is it might give the market time to refresh a bit and also gives me some more time to make sure I get the right one.
Old 13-04-2011
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

These look good buying.....

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...=1682&__N=1216 1247 1252 1282 4294965012 4294965086 1622 1646 1682&silo=1011&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=18&__sid=1247CC967A93

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...=1682&__N=1216 1247 1252 1282 4294965012 4294965086 1622 1646 1682&silo=1011&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=18&__sid=1247CC967A93

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 13-04-2011
Adventure SUV

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Yeah I'd seen the first one and wondered about it, it's been for sale for a long while, over 3 weeks, so not sure if there is something wrong with it, but might be worth a look as might be able to get a bargain on it.
Post New Thread  Reply