Little Offroad Camper - Page 39 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Camper Trailers and Caravans
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-06-2011
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyWA View Post
Nice looking tent and with that height you (or the dog) can sit under it too! Did you get a skirt for the bottom?
Thanks. Yep the chair fit under there nicely. didn't bother with the skirt though as would have needed to get it shortened. Thought i might go for a custom one once i get to darwin.

If it's really hot or wet, I have a HD poly tarp I can put up with poles over the kitchen. I suppose things will change as I get used to it and find out what I need to change setup wise. Should be really quick for overnight stops though.
Old 01-07-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

that tent looks very much the same as an Open Sky tent from Bushranger, just without the signage... and they come from the same factory as the ARB tents, you might be on a winner there mate, very nice!

Old 01-07-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ33P View Post
that tent looks very much the same as an Open Sky tent from Bushranger, just without the signage... and they come from the same factory as the ARB tents, you might be on a winner there mate, very nice!
bal
I rang the guy up before I purchased the tent. He said from same manufacturer as Hannibal. Don't know what to believe but if you look it up, there are a few different manufacturers in China the do lots of 10 or more. tipping ARB etc gets these the same but bumps the price up. I've been round the shows etc and I can't feel the difference in fabric etc and all else seems similar. Can anyone tell me different?
Old 02-07-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Tent looks great,, what is the link to the site you bought it from?
Hanibal is made in South Africa,, we had one some time back,, brilliant tent. Anyways let us know how much and where from,
cheers Jim
Old 02-07-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got a few more goodies today. had some strip leds so one wen in the trailer (got a door switch so when the lid opens it will come on) and the other will go in the tent. It will have an inline switch to turn on and off in the tent, but will be connected to the battery with a ciggy plug, so can remove it.

Welded on the rear support legs today ( what a pain with the stick in a tight spot as i sold off most of my oth/er power tools including the mig.)

Also welded on a d shackle to retain the jockey wheel handle

Old 03-07-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

that D-shackle is a good idea if you plan on using the trailer out on some good trails!

might use that one

Old 04-07-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, some last minute stuff done.

All packed now

The switch panel that runs 3 ciggy plugs for accessories + a voltmeter.

A view of the stabilisers when raised. They go in nice and tight there

And for those who have seen my messy garage - It's a little bare now.