What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1088 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2012
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoody View Post
Have you checked the canister behind the front bar??
Yep, It's all good. Not damaged and hose is still connected. Gonna try a different fuel cap hope this is the problem.
Old 02-04-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Replaced the springs in the drum brakes with a small parts kit. My handbrake is back, and the brakes appear to be working the way they were intended.

Chased a small coolant leak. Located at the connection of the water pump and bypass fitting.
Old 02-04-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPCHIK View Post
Spent most of the day trying to find the cause of my worsening petrol fumes and came up with nothing. Cranks for longer then normal and very strong petrol fumes inside the car only. I have checked all the fuel lines and vac hoses. Everything is in its place. No fuel leaks, only started since lift and bullbar fitted. Has anyone had this problem aswell?
Is it only hard to start when its warm? I had a similar problem with leaking injector...hard to start, really strong fuel smell but only when warm, if left overnight it started fine. Could also turn the engine off and start it again straight away and it'd start normal, but leave it for a few min and back to hard starting. I pulled the injectors out with the fuel rail (leaving the clips on the injectors to hold them into the fuel rail), turned ignition to on and could see the fuel dripping out of the dud injector

Last edited by Cypher; 02-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

washed and took the white XJ for a spin to help with some moving... brakes are fading, dont know if its due to the removal of the abs modules or the rear pads suffering from an axle seal... dunno...

other news, removed fuel tank from black xj, to clean and replace fuel hose from tank to in line filter... hoping to get it in on thursday and replace injectors on it also as im hoping to get it ready for the weekend...

once its on the road, lifts then tyres me thinks...

come to think of it, it needs a wash too...
Old 02-04-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dropped out rear diff and springs, added a load leaf from a falcon ute, and a replacement diff that i bought from Jungle Juice.

I had to take the side steps off to get the spring bolts out, and am now wondering whether i should put them back on or not.

I might have to so my 6 year old son can climb in, as the back now sits at 20" from the centre of the wheel cap to the flares! I am going to have to space up the front coils an inch at least to level it up.

On the bright side it means that i am going to be able to throw 30's under it soon.

And i can't believe how QUIET it is without all the noise from that old diff! It's incredible!

Puk
Old 02-04-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

finally got my White Jeep back to my house and gave it a long needed wash, just need to wax it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-02 16.58.48.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	53614

also washed and waxed my Green one looks good again

now i can get stuck into getting the white one back together and running.
Old 02-04-2012
Tim Tam

Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts

Had my engine serviced, gearbox serviced, front diff serviced, transfer case serviced, extractors installed, new battery terminals, lpg system un-installed finally. Now working on the long range tank to be installed and the rest of the exhaust, catty and sensors to be installed.

Still painting the rear protofab bar too...