JK CRD - 25,000km Engine Seizure - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Chrysler is starting to listen.

The facebook page has started to go viral.
I complained again, and they made contact, and this time, no speaking to customer service representatives..
"Executive"s have been calling, asking what I want as a resolution.

I said I want a refund, as my solicitor, told me that they should give me sale price + stamp duty.

1 step closer to a TJ. - Something I wont be scared of completely modifying.

https://www.facebook.com/UnreliableJeepWrangler

Last edited by larnert; 23-07-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added a link.
Old 23-07-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larnert View Post
The facebook page has started to go viral.
I complained again, and they made contact, and this time, no speaking to customer service representatives..
"Executive"s have been calling, asking what I want as a resolution.

I said I want a refund, as my solicitor, told me that they should give me sale price + stamp duty.

1 step closer to a TJ. - Something I wont be scared of completely modifying.

https://www.facebook.com/UnreliableJeepWrangler
Oh how I wish I had have done something against Frankston Chrysler before selling mine off as a repairable write off...I'm sure spending over 4 months in their workshop did the damage as to why my motor blew with only 62,000k's on the clock.I will never own another brand new Jeep...bring on a TJ.
Old 24-07-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo1959 View Post
I will never own another brand new Jeep...bring on a TJ.
I am so excited to own a TJ - Will be able to rip parts off, with no fear of damaging it.

I've put my name down for a Subaru BRZ - Looking forward to a daily driver with an excellent track record...
Old 24-07-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Glad to see that you getting a good outcome. See folks if you jump up and down enough you get results. Aussie dont complain enough and get ripped off by all the so and so's.

Von Dep
Old 24-07-2012
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Depner View Post
Glad to see that you getting a good outcome. See folks if you jump up and down enough you get results. Aussie dont complain enough and get ripped off by all the so and so's.
If there was only the first engine failure, I could understand why they would be adamant not to help out, but after the second one, that's just a joke.
Old 24-07-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Hi lanert sadly its not the jeep but the people you dealt with that has turned you off the JK. I have had the same experience as you but I would not change my new JK as it gives me great pleasure ever time I go wheeling

Von Dep
Old 27-07-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

as someone who is having the thrust bearing and pressure plate replaced after 1000km in my new '11 jk i can sympathize somewhat.

Absolutely disagree with the people telling you not to try and ruin jeeps name with your page. (personally i would have gone the route of parking your car with a giant lemon sign and a few key slogans, right out the front of the dealership..all nice and legal like) It's your right as a consumer to expect a level of quality that is on par with the money spent. If there is a fault, they should fix, if it repeats itself, or multiple major faults arise within warranty, and the car is consistently off the road over and over...then a car IS a lemon.. those giving him a hard time about calling the car a lemon after 'only' 1 or 2 rebuilds leaves me staggered, and wondering what the reaction would be if it happened to them. (on a trail, in the middle of nowhere.. to far to get a 2wd towtruck, on their own). without being confident in the reliability of your 4wd it can really make those long trips to the middle of nowhere an unnecessarily anxious experience.

Manufacturers need to be sent a strong message when the quality of their products is in question, and having to fully refund or replace a car is a pretty strong message. The more people that demand every minor fault be rectified and refunds/replacements given for major faults then the more attention it will bring to their quality control. nothing wrong with that.

Even minor things are important to bring to their attention, If i had purchased, lets say, a brand new amg 63 black or some other 200,000 dollar car, u can bet your ass I'd be back in there if even the stitching on the leather was not perfectly stitched.. i know the jeep is far removed from such a car, but is it so far down the line that its too much to even expect an engine to make it to the end of the warranty period....

all the best with your claim mate.

someone in another thread said something to this effect and it stuck with me.....
"I love my jeep....despite the build quality and despite the dealerships"
I could not agree more.
http://bit.ly/1eFBSY5

Last edited by sladey; 27-07-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply