December rant ~ HoHo tell us what you think of Christmas !! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts
Angry December rant ~ HoHo tell us what you think of Christmas !!

Yes its the last rant thread of 2012 !!
Christmas is coming, its getting hot, holidays for some ~ a PITA for many.
Tell us what you really think of Christmas !!!!
Old 01-12-2012
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hot / Not enough Holidays / Hot - That is all!

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 01-12-2012
searcher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Why does something always come up before Christmas to make you spend the money you had been saving for presents?

Darn water heaters!
Old 01-12-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

I just found out why my 240v compressor was cutting out. It seems that the 10amp power point was not enough to handle the 15a motor. It was ok when I just had one thing running off it like the compressor but soon as something else is drawing on the circuit the motor was cutting out. Here I am told it is probably the bleedback valve. And until today I thought it was too. Trouble was the problem occurred again with the valve taken out. Only other thing I had going on the circuit was the TV. Now I have to see how much it will be to get a seperate 15a line put in to my mother's garage. Thinking of doing some of it myself like drilling the holes and running the wires down the wall, then just getting a sparky in to install the breaker and connect the power point. PITA really I did not want to spend anymore cash before Christmas unless some work starts rolling in, unlikely......

Yepp things sure do seem to break right before Christmas. I had a vacuum cleaner die and my car compressor die within four days of each other. I managed to replace the car compressor with a slightly inferior Ebay unit. As for the vac it is going to cost $350 with mine as a trade in to replace it. That purchase is going to be at the end of December so it can go on Feburary's credit card bill; along with everything else I need for the caravan, which will wipe out another grand just so I can stay in free or $15-20 sites instead of $40-45 per night sites.
And lets face it the "carbon tax" has had nothing to do with van park powered site increases, no the van park owners, across Australia must have all colluded together to increase prices this year from the 1st of July????????

Regards A

Last edited by anthonygubbin; 01-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK

What does Christmas mean...it means the drunk-looking santa smiley is back on the AJOR banner

2011 JK Sport Cosmos Blue RIP :-(
Old 01-12-2012
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

its xmas.. period... unless youhave kids that are still excited by the fact SANTA is a real person that flies a sled with reindeer.. whats the point?

I get three weeks off work.. no pay and not able to afford to leave the house.. gotta love starting a job a month before (forced Xmas Holidays).. Id rather have my holidays when your all at work thanks..

oh and lets enjoy all the idiots in a rush .. good work for trying to kill everyone else on the road because you cant be bothered to plan ahead and leave earlier...
its great knowing people may die because of your impatience.

Old 01-12-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 145 Times in 89 Posts

Xmas lights.

I hate putting them up ,
I hate pulling them down ,
I hate getting up in the ceiling to get them,
I hate when it's 50 degrees in the ceiling.
I do loooooove xmas mince pies though,
A little too much apparently.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread