Synergy suspension setup from doubleblack - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-01-2013
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

the coils may look weird but the reality is that is how they're designed and they are most definitely not a bad coil at all. infact they're one of the better coils out there for the JK.

The downside is they can struggle under the weight of the CRD and Hemi transplants especially when you add more weight over the top.

They probably are not the source of your firm ride though. It may be the shocks, control arms or even tyres. There's also a strong possibility it only feels like a hard ride due to NVH coming through the vehicle from a worn steering box/intermediate steering shaft or worn front body mounts.

There's so many variables here it is really hard to compare your JK with someone else's JK.
Old 22-01-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 38 Times in 30 Posts

I think they are a good coil to, but as yom said they are no good for the diesel. Thats why i am changing mine out... too soft in the front end, hits the bump stops in the shopping center car park .
Old 22-01-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would it be ok to just change the front coils to something else? do shocks and coils need some sort of matching rates?
Old 22-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixia View Post
Would it be ok to just change the front coils to something else? do shocks and coils need some sort of matching rates?
That sort of question tends to start up an endless debate.

Some people think it's worthwhile. AEV, for instance, took the time, expense and effort to valve their shocks to their spring rates for their 2.5" lift to the point where it delayed the product launch because they needed to get it right.

Other people will tell you it's a wank.

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs
Old 22-01-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have synergy + fox on my 2dr petrol and happy with the ride, it is a firm ride and i like the reduced body roll cornering however the pith on the swb is slightly annoying but i deal with it as i love shortys. coming out of an SS ute on its ass with 19in rims i think any ride is good
Old 23-01-2013
asp_777
Visitor

3" flexy with bilsteins. Rides great and handles great. Quiet and No harshness at all. I did notice that the oem wranglers are a bit harder than my km2. So the km2 stay on all the time now. Highly recommend this set up. At least on the4door
Old 23-01-2013
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Why dont you bring your Jeep in to us to have a look at it and address your concerns? Could be an easy fix?
Post New Thread  Reply