Grand Willys Project - Page 83 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

supercharging sounds nice big twin screw!!
Old 22-02-2013
LokRinger

Liked 1,759 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie Jeeper View Post
Love the sound of those.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 22-02-2013
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassie jeeper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojeep View Post
love the sound of those.
oomph!!!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 23-02-2013
LokRinger

Liked 1,759 Times in 557 Posts

Finished off the hangers over the axle. Used the original factory hangers and isolators at the same angles as stock, but welded in on the cross member rather than the panhard mount which is at the bottom of the photo.

The resonator mounts are different and run two rods each. The 5.7 only had the one isolator so had to buy another to have a pair the same as the SRT8 which has the twin resonators in this place. They are quite heavy and the isolators are much stronger as a result.

I cut nearly 3" out of the support rods that are welded to the resonators and welded them back together. Was the first job with the stainless wire and have come out quite well.

The isolator support rods were cut from the old factory exhaust. They were the the ones from over the axle mount that is welded to the exhaust tube. I just had to straighten out the 90* bend they had. I wanted to use them as have the formed head and collar to keep the isolator from moving around.

Feel like I have cheated fitting up aftermarket headers and exhaust as had full intention to make my own. But when I did the sums it was going to cost me twice as much just to get the parts and still not sure how it would sound in the end, it was a no brainer to buy what I have. These Hemi's are so prone to drone and sounding off when the MDS kicks in, it was just a better way of going about it.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club

Last edited by Gojeep; 01-08-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 24-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
welded in on the cross member rather than the panhard mount which is at the bottom of the photo.
probably what id have done also looks much stronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
Feel like I have cheated fitting up after market headers and exhaust as had full intention to make my own. But when I did the sums it was going to cost me twice as much just to get the parts and still not sure how it would sound in the end, it was a no brainer to buy what I have. These Hemis are so prone to drone and sounding off when the MDS kicks in, it was just a better way of going about it.
i agree 2 birds 1 stone
Old 24-02-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Marcus,

I hope you don't need to access the pin for your tow bar tongue when the exhaust is hot, could be tricky, but hey man this thing is looking so good it is almost a shame to cover all your good work with a body and tray, just stick a seat and steering wheel and drive it like it is.
Old 24-02-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

just clear lacquer it.
Post New Thread  Reply