AEV Front bar questions - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default AEV Front bar questions

Hi all,
I'm keen to get the AEV front bar for my (arriving soon) JK but I've got a few questions that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on...
-where can the front number plate be mounted for this bar (as someone previously mentioned, Victoria police indulge in summary shootings for minor traffic offences)
-does the jeep konnection one include the winch plate or not (the web site says both included and excluded)
-is there somewhere I can source one for a price that puts it in reach of normal bank balances?
thanks in advance for your help
Old 05-03-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Not sure where you are but most dealers in Aus will be similar price.

If you can be bothered you can always buy from the US and arrange freight through someomeone like usatoaus.com.

Bit of hassle and to get good freight price will take a month or two to get here.

They are not cheap byt in my opinion t I e best looking available.

Sent from Tapatalk on a Galaxy S3 all on its own while I was working.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 05-03-2013
Established Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Exclamation AEV Front Premium Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvines View Post
Hi all,
I'm keen to get the AEV front bar for my (arriving soon) JK but I've got a few questions that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on...
-where can the front number plate be mounted for this bar (as someone previously mentioned, Victoria police indulge in summary shootings for minor traffic offences)
-does the jeep konnection one include the winch plate or not (the web site says both included and excluded)
-is there somewhere I can source one for a price that puts it in reach of normal bank balances?
thanks in advance for your help
Gidday rjvines,

Great bar & very solid, I mounted my Number Plate on my Fairlead Rollers with X 2 Mag Light Mounting Clips, worked a treat, You need to specify what you want with the Bar when you order it, i.e winch plate, recovery lugs, skid plate , as SeaComms said pricing is pretty similar all round Australia, you could try & find a second hand one, the second picture show's Number Plate Mounting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AEV Premium Front Bar.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	60361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Number Plate Attachment.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	60362  

Last edited by HGR; 05-03-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-03-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As HGR said,

clipping it to the Fairlead rollers is an option... If you have a roller fairlead that is. But the only problem with that is that it's 'clipped on' and not really ideal.

I was going to make up a hindged clip-on bracked for my AEV bar that would fit on the fairlead rollers and could fold the number plate up and down as you needed access to the winch cable.

but then, i couldn't be bothered. So i unscrewed the spot light mounting brackets and attached a small right angle bracket facing upward underneath the mounts on the inner bolts, then bolted the spot light mounts back down.

i then bolted my number plate to those right angle brackets.

Essentially now, the number plate sits between the spot lights and the fairlead roller, over the top of that SLIT you see above the fairlead rollers. Perfect spot.

Probably hard to make any sense of what i just said...

So here's a pic:

EDIT* - and to answer your question. The winch mounting plate is optional and will cost you prob over $100.
Jeepkonection is a perfect AEV supplier, i've bought a few things from them now and they've always been great. Delivery is hassel free and usually pretty fast (if they have your item in stock) and i believe they are very well priced for an aussie import company. they definately will not rip you off.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Loggio; 05-03-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Ok here is a price comparison buying overseas vs here;

Buying from the US;
$1200 (AEV direct or Qt) + $300 (delivery) x 1.1 (GST) = $1650

Buying from JeepKonnection;
$1675

Are you going to wait a couple of months for a $25 discount?

The only way to save some serious money is to buy second hand but would you risk it with all those Chinese fakes floating around?

Attachment techniques for the front license plate.

I was going to get this (Tuffy Flip-Up License Plate Holder, $17);

But due to one reason or another, I got this;

Yep that's right the installer just tap screwed it to my new $2000 bar, not my preferred method but it works.

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs
Old 05-03-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Thanks for the input guys, some good ideas for plate mounting there.
also, I'm not complaining about the price as such, I realise that in perspective jeep konnections price is ok....my budget is just going to dry up long before a get all the stuff I want so just want to see of it can stretch a bit further.

Last edited by rjvines; 05-03-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I mounted mine on the bash plate.