Jeep Extended Warranty - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-01-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
I believe and what I have been lead to believe that is what I have purchased, as well as the "added PLUS".

http://www.chrysler.com/en/service_c...ded_care_plus/

They told me $3k was the lowest they could go with the extended warranty when their opening price was $3.3k. They said Chrysler does not give me flexibility with prices/room to negotiate. - So I'm lead to believe I do have a genuine Chrysler manufacturers warranty.
Dont know if Im missing something here, but that link doesn't list the GC & further if you look at whats covered for suspension, there is no mention of air suspension.

I hope that Im wrong & just haven't look at the correct place, but you would want to make sure though.

tiddy
Old 17-01-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddy View Post
Dont know if Im missing something here, but that link doesn't list the GC & further if you look at whats covered for suspension, there is no mention of air suspension.

I hope that Im wrong & just haven't look at the correct place, but you would want to make sure though.

tiddy
It is Mopar that covers the three manufacturers. Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge.
Old 18-01-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default engine mounts

Quote:
pmac $5,000 to replace engine mounts??? I had mine done on my WJ fo r a few hundred dollars (got them from the US).
Sorry to Clarify they had to take out the engine etc and cut the brackets off the chasis and weld on new ones.

What made this all the more painful was Swan Insurance deemed my car excessivly modified and unroadworthy and tried to cancel my policy.

I won in the end after proving my car was roadworthy.
Old 18-01-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 144 Times in 90 Posts

When I made extensive enquiries for our 2012 I was was eventually informed by my dealer that Chrysler Aust doesn't offer a factory extended warranty.
They do offer extended warranty which is provided by Swann Insurance. Ask your dealer straight out. It isn't an exact copy of the original factory warranty.

I was pushed before delivery to take it out - but again when I questioned directly I was informed that at any time before the end of the factory warranty you can take out the Jeep (Swann) extended warranty.

That was it for me - it went in the too hard basket and I'll revisit it around 95,000k.

There are earlier posts in this forum section about the exact same question and issue.

Last edited by JnK; 18-01-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 18-03-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the maximum amount the "Swan" warranty is good for is 2 years and 50,000 klms I believe, CJD Australia DO NOT offer a genuine factory warranty at this time BUT if in the time frame that you have swan insurance and they decide to offer one you will be given the chance to swap(so I was told) couldnt imagine it being "oh that's ok no worries here is ours no fee!" I think I will just wait till Im closer to the end of warranty then decide.
Old 19-03-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

I can't see Jeep offering an extended factory warranty any time soon. They have been using Swan for the last 15 odd years and as long as I have had a jeep.
Old 22-03-2013
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctheitguy View Post
Hi all,

I am about to become a new 2012 GC Laredo owner and was wondering if it is worth getting the extended warranty?

Has anyone had any experiences with the extended warranty?

Cheers
Had the extended warranty when I had my WH CRD, good value pays for parts not labour or fluids and keeps your roadside assistance going - note there is a lot less issues with claims if you get your vehicle serviced at a Jeep Dealership.

The last job was $4000 of which I had to pay $600 and considering the extended warranty cost me around $2000 it speaks for itself!!

Cheers,
Johnv