WK2 engine oil sweating - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts

Thanks for the information and pics Yoda42.

Cheers.
Old 11-07-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Great info - I have been wondering if I should install a catch can. Think I will after reading this. Has anyone installed a Provent on a WK2 and is so where/how did you mount it?
Old 11-07-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda42 View Post
There are no catch cans specifically for the WK2 CRD that I know of !.
I bought a "Billet technology" catch can off eBay and made up my own bracket.
On our recent trip along the Murray river (12,000km) it collected @120mm of oil
I have used these previously, they are the best catch can out there.
Old 17-08-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default WK2 engine oil sweating

Here are some more photos of the oil inside my turbo tubes to and from the muffler.
Can any one have a look at theirs to see if it's the same ?
I'm trying to confirm if it is normal, It looks like a lot of oil to me. The Jeep dealer at Alice springs said it's normal and my service dpt in Melbourne said it's normal but they did not look inside the tubes . Yoda42 and drover on here say it's normal and to fit a catch can to remove the oil from the blow by gases .
I have been to see a diesel engineer and he said they can do tests for $260 to find out where the oil is coming from could be blow by gases or the turbo oil seal .
Before I spend the dollars is any one game to have a look at theirs and let me know what they find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-16 10.10.03.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	63605   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-16 10.09.42.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	63606   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-16 10.09.04.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	63607   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-16 10.07.54.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	63608  
Old 17-08-2013
searcher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

get yourself a Provent! Ebay for $170 although the one with hoses is $200.

I made the mistake of not paying 200 and spending a full day and way more than $30 looking for hoses.

Seemed to increase power a little too.

Thats in a 2.8 JKU and had to make a bracket.
Old 17-08-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Default WK2 engine oil sweating

I have not pulled the hoses off there, but that looks about the same amount of oil that was in our other hoses before I put catch can on, it seems about normal to me for the VM engine