More Queenslanders Rights Disappear. - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatruk View Post
As a bike rider who rides with friends in groups of more than three, I don't see a big problem either. Hey if I get pulled over to check my licence and rego allows me the time to have a quick drink and a stretch.. Whats 10 mins of time.. Yes it may be longer but thats for those who whinge and bitch and carry on like a two bob watch, but thats all part of the attitude test. Before anyone arcs up yes it does go both ways.
If this is allowed to go through you will not be allowed to ride in a group without prior police approval, if you are happy with that then that is all well and good but I am sure there are many that do have a problem with it.

Layback, this has nothing to do with being friendly if you get pulled over, I have always been friendly when I get pulled over for whatever reason, this also has nothing to do with the police, it has to do the government wanting to stop motorbike rider from enjoying a ride with his mates unless they say he can.

And before the gun lobby chimes in a motorbike is designed as transport not as a weapon so the two cases can not be compared just as you cannot compare a pen to a gun.
Old 03-11-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroGantz View Post
If this is allowed to go through you will not be allowed to ride in a group without prior police approval, if you are happy with that then that is all well and good but I am sure there are many that do have a problem with it.

Layback, this has nothing to do with being friendly if you get pulled over, I have always been friendly when I get pulled over for whatever reason, this also has nothing to do with the police, it has to do the government wanting to stop motorbike rider from enjoying a ride with his mates unless they say he can.

And before the gun lobby chimes in a motorbike is designed as transport not as a weapon so the two cases can not be compared just as you cannot compare a pen to a gun.
Firstly, this law has gone through and is in force now and yes you can ride as a group of friends without police approval.Clubs who organise poker runs and the like get approval due to the number of riders on the road Mate I have been for 2 rides with friends so far since the laws have come into being and have had no issues.
Old 03-11-2013
RubiconSlammer

The writing is on the wall tonka, imo this is not a good direction to be heading.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 100 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: More Queenslanders Rights Disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj69 View Post
Ok let be clear , the rules for posting on AJOR state no political threads , this is my Dilemma, as this thread has become that way after lb started posting false misinformation to suit his rant, and as a mod i am supposed to delete political threads nothing to do with you rastus .This makes it difficult for me as i cant stand to read said bs.

Here is some real information for lb. Elected Senator Ricky Muir (kangaroo poo thrower in fb vid , grasping at straws comes to mind) Has NOT been sacked or replaced he is STILL the elected senator for the AMEP ,
COPY OF LETTER FROM AMEP .
Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party

kirk

As most of you would be aware by now, action has been taken by the Central Executive of the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party to remove four office bearers of the Victorian Federal State Council (FSC) of the AMEP from their positions.

This decision with the Victorian FSC was not taken lightly and was based on the Victorian Executive acting in a manner considered to be not in the best interest of the party or of Victorian Senator-Elect, Ricky Muir. This has been an ongoing and deteriorating situation since the election, and despite attempts to resolve the issues, a solution could not be achieved and decisive action was taken.

We assure our Members the Central Executive acted with integrity and respect at all times, and action was taken in accordance with our Constitution and with the best interests of the AMEP.

It is important that every Federal State Council (FSC) across the country operates to the same guidelines and protocols, and to have one body break solidarity is detrimental to the future of the Party. Unfortunately, the Victorian FSC chose to ignore directives given by the Central Executive and have been publicly undermining Ricky Muir.

Senator-elect, Ricky Muir has our full support and we are working closely with him to prepare him for the job ahead. This is both an exciting and daunting time for Ricky Muir, and he needs the full support of the team around him.

There has been a lot of negative media since this decision as the ex-members of the Victorian FSC, along with former Chairman Scott McDonald, elected to take this direct to the media. A lot of untruths and unfounded allegations have been reported by the media and it is unfortunate those responsible chose this path; however, their actions reinforce that they are not acting in the best interest of the party or its members.

As has always been our policy, we will not publicly engage in the negativity and mud-slinging, and we have elected not to engage in the media sensationalism.

As soon as practical a new Victorian FSC will be elected by the members of Victoria. If you are interested in getting involved please let us know.

Despite what is being reported in the media, the Party is in a strong position and we continue to build a strong foundation for the future of the party.

We will be sending through another email shortly with further information about the recent announcement regarding the agreement by Ricky Muir to “work together” where practical with the three Palmer United Senators. This is a good deal for Motoring Enthusiasts and we will share more detail shortly.

Regards,

Tony Standfield

National Chairman

Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party

http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/

Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party · Australia
This email was sent to . To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party on
Totally agree. I also meant to say posted on this thread not started it. My oops.... Lets keep it on a proffesional level fellas. I for one hate political bashing.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Rastus.
Jeeps don't get stuck. They just have a little rest and think then get going again.
Old 04-11-2013
RubiconSlammer

It appears Anon are weighing in on the debate

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...t-us-anonymous

I really cannot stand Anon and their weak gutted methods I have to say I agree with them on this one, I still won't agree with their methods though.
Post New Thread  Reply