wanting more flex - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Great need limit straps on the passenger side. Drive shaft boot hits exhaust. Great. Anyone know a good place in Melbourne that sells them at a reasonable price? And also does anyone have a pic of where you're mounting then from? Guessing bottom shock mount and chassis somewhere? Anywhere that doesn't require welding
Old 25-11-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts

Can't u just get the shock relocation that move them more outboard?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Old 25-11-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Lim
Did you measure your bump stop distance with or without the foam pad, you should remove the foam pad, and according to most have approx 25mm of shock travel left (so you loose and inch of travel) to account for the shock bushes compressing, I would suggest that most get away with less than this bit i would suggest you need more than 5mm. What size bump stops do you have in the rear
Do you really need more travel int he front, dont you have the RK 5100 that are 670mm extended. Adding 2" extensions to these makes them very long, especially for a 2.5" lift. I have seen 1" brackets for the front in the US. You would also need rather large bumpstops int he front if you were to do this.
You also may only need coil retainers in the front, not straps.
Old 25-11-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

yeah without the foam pad.

you're mistaking 2" shock relocations for coil spacers.

im raising the height of the bottom shock mount by 2" inthe front.

did some measurements, and you would get away with a 1" front bumpstop in the front with the 25" 5100's. (this is the most confusing bit, everyone quotes 5100, or fox 2.0 but never which length ones)

i had 3" of front bump stop that came with my tera coil lift which i can only assume are for preventing tires hitting fenders. not shock bottoming out, but since i have cut stock fenders that's not an issue for me.

the 3" bumpstops work perfect with my 2" shock relocation brackets, so i'm getting 2" further down travel than before and because i had incorrect length bumpstops before, not losing any uptravel.

however, time for a front driveshaft i think
and if i do that i may as well get the 27" bilstein shocks ahhaa
never ends.
Old 25-11-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

So does anyone have a idea on fixing my passenger side shock hitting the chassis on full droop? Just checked with the car on flat ground and my passenger side shock is maybea few mm closer to the chassis than the drivers side so I'll extend the track bar a little bit as it could be a bit out. Don't know if that will fix it though. I can't even it being a common enough problem especially with out super long shocks
Old 25-11-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts

i saw these and have this on my next to do list
http://www.sbroffroad.com.au/MOAB-4x...&category_id=0
i have 27-28" front shocks and havent had them touch yet so i might get them before they start rubbing/causing damage
Old 25-11-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lim, I am a little confused, you trimmed your guards to gain more up travel, but you have installed 3" bump-stops to limit your up-travel, and are looking to install shock brackets to increase your down travel, however your coils are not long enough, so you are going to limit your down travel with straps so your coils do not fall out.
Dont take this the wrong way as many of us played around with exactly what you are but I am not to sure you have the formulae right yet.
Sound to me like you should keep the 670mm front shocks as they are, as you cannot go much further with those coils anyway and remove some bump stops to gain more up travel, you do not have to worry about exhaust spacers, driveshafts or shocks hitting chassis then. And get some longer shocks for the rear. (To late I guess)
To get the most out of your flex, get some flexy style coils and remote res shocks