Warranty dissapointment. - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Colonel View Post
Unfortunately the maxim of 'First impressions are lasting impressions' rings true.

Some people can be absolute dicks and type things that they normally wouldn't speak, mostly because they feel a certain degree of anonymity sitting behind their computer. I'm guilty of it myself.

That said, there is no need to humiliate a potentially valuable new member by offering to 'send them tissues and a dummy'. Marked you out as a dick richo.

IB4L
OK, thanks champ.
I'll follow the OP's lead and sign off now forever.

Ow. Ib4l.
On second thoughts, I'll keep the tissues for myself.

Last edited by Richo; 09-12-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarol View Post
Interested in this thread and I have been waiting for a list of what is expected/included in a new 2/4dr RenegadePack/DualTop option. There are obviously boxes and packages plus the soft top but how does a new owner and for that matter a 2nd hand purchaser know what's what and what should be included. Is there a list and if so where? With the emotion of taking delivery (and buying 2nd hand), you can easily overlook all the inclusions; a list would have helped the OP. A good dealer would be on the ball most of the time but these are unusual 'necessary extras' and for 2nd hand buyers who are not aware potentially costly.
Tks
I suggest when you first get home you open your boxes and take stock of whats there, most people tend to do a trial fitment of their softop not long after getting their wrangler just so they can see what it's like. Sadly if you wait 2 years before you open any of your boxes you end up in the same situation as the OP.

As for 2nd hand vehicles, it's usually a case of As Is, and unless the advert states it includes everything then you get what you get.
Old 09-12-2013
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Personally, the OP over reacted as he didn't like to hear that 2 years is too long to go back to dealer and say I didn't receive it. He posted something in hope of validation of his argument that the dealer should provide this under warranty. Who is to say he didn't lose it in the mean time...just maybe....who knows. An outstanding dealer may have come to the party and kudos to them but they are not obligated.
Unfortunately, some personal attacks came after he made comment to bail as he didn't like what was posted. C'mon really....this is a public forum...you can't be that naive that you are going to like every post that comes your way. Far out if I was that soft I would have left long ago with some of the stuff said to me but who cares, they don't know me and means nothing to me if they want to throw an insult. Sometimes you just have to toughen up and accept you just might not get the answer you wanted....that doesn't means its wrong or right for that matter as you are on a forum with people with opinions and sometimes you just get damn good advice in between some not so good stuff
Old 09-12-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Basically, to sum up this thread, what has happened in it, and what we have all learned:

Everyone should be like me, there wouldn't be any dramas. But would be boring, although humble.

Old 09-12-2013
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Yes, yes, Hoobz. You're so humble up there on your high horse!
Old 10-12-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarol View Post
Interested in this thread and I have been waiting for a list of what is expected/included in a new 2/4dr RenegadePack/DualTop option. There are obviously boxes and packages plus the soft top but how does a new owner and for that matter a 2nd hand purchaser know what's what and what should be included. Is there a list and if so where? With the emotion of taking delivery (and buying 2nd hand), you can easily overlook all the inclusions; a list would have helped the OP. A good dealer would be on the ball most of the time but these are unusual 'necessary extras' and for 2nd hand buyers who are not aware potentially costly.
Tks
Its pity Jeep don't supply the list so you can check this out.
Here is a quick list for a 2 Door JK Wrangler.
Header Assembly Deck
Quarter Windows (2)
Rear Window
Bow Mount Brackets (2)
Rear Bow Legs (2)
Door Rails (2)
Rear Bow
Front Top Arch
Tailgate Retainer
Side Bows (2)
Bow Assembly
Knobs (4)
Foam Seals (2)
Rear Window Roll Up Straps

There is a PDF here on a Bestop soft top with the parts listed and pictured.
http://www.extremeterrain.com/bestop...k-5472235.html

Every one keeps referring that 2 years is too long to back to the dealer?
That means if you drove down the road and the engine bolts broke and were found to be faulty due to the lack of washers, it would bee to late to go back after 2 years?
Missing parts are missing parts.
Old 10-12-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldjeeper View Post

Every one keeps referring that 2 years is too long to back to the dealer?
That means if you drove down the road and the engine bolts broke and were found to be faulty due to the lack of washers, it would bee to late to go back after 2 years?
Missing parts are missing parts.
This is actually very simple.
1. Warranty only covers defective or malfunctioned parts, what's broken or defective?
2. The vehicle was ex demo and the purchaser assumed all the components were all there, (from when I was in the Army, assumption it the mother of all f@rk ups)
3. If I buy a 2nd hand car from someone on this forum and go back 2 years later and say the jack is missing and I didn't notice because I never needed it and I now want it replaced EVERY SINGLE PERSON on here would tell me to go away, this is no different.
4. When you purchase a car 2nd hand, (this vehicle was ex demo), you sign a form saying you take delivery of it in the condition it is in.

Let's be brutally honest, the OP made a mistake in not making sure everything was there in a timely manner when he purchased the vehicle and now wants to blame everyone and eveything except himself.

My 2014 JKU Rubicon is due to arrive this week. I have every intention of making sure everything thing is complete before I sign for the vehicle. I will have the hard top off and soft top on before I drive it off the lot. Why? Common bloody sense!