Error P 369 - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is a pic of my dash when it happens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	65678  
Old 08-12-2013
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts

I had p0344 which is also a cam shaft sensor warning. Came on during a rough road (Tanami).
Turned out to be a broken wire near the connector. Auto electrician at the time couldn't get spare sensor so swapped sensors around to see if fault moved. Helped identify wiring as issue. I was a long way from any dealers at the time. Repair was good. Had it checked and made sure recorded by jeep in case wiring needed replacement. Has not re occured.
Limp mode works OK, had to travel from rabbit flats to broome. Travelled at speed OK, just limited acceleration, no cruise control, no overdrive. Orange warning lights are OK need to get it looked at. Red lights mean stop driving.
Old 15-12-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So it went into Jeep again and they diagnosed the fault to be an open circuit on the cam shaft sensor.

They have repaired it (it hasn't been on in 150km of bitumen driving) but didn't say where the broken wire was located or how it broke

Cheers
Old 10-01-2014
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Update again...

So this happened again last week. Their repair failed on me again. Took it back and they have repaired it again.

I have now been shown where the break occurred about 10mm behind the sensor plug. They have run a new tempory cable from the PCM to the sensor. Then jointed the wire.

They have ordered a new loom from America. When they get it it will require an engine out job.

P0369
Old 10-01-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thank you for the update, Warmapple. Hope the new loom fixes the hassles and that you will not be without your JK for too long. Fortunately I have been lucky with mine so far ...
Old 11-01-2014
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

180km later... sat idling at a road house on Albany highway waiting for a the wife.

*Bing..Bing*

The lights are back!

I had done no off road driving just 180km of black top.

I open up this fix done by jeep. Took the tape off and found the wire completely broken again.

sorry about the pic turned out worse than I though. The blue wire is the new one that has been temporally run. On the back side of the plug you may be able to see a bit of silver. This is the solder where the wire has broken again.

I will fix this myself while waiting for the new loom. Stuff taking it back to jeep again to have it break 180km later.

I will upload the picture later as it will not let me now!

Ian
Old 11-01-2014
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmapple View Post
On the back side of the plug you may be able to see a bit of silver. This is the solder where the wire has broken again.

There's the problem. Unless you know what you are doing & make the joint mechanically sound without solder first, the solder WILL crack with vibration. Solder does not handle vibration if it is the only thing holding the wires together.

I have soldered plenty of stuff on cars & bikes & never had a problem, but if you just tack them together, you are asking for trouble. They don't care because it isn't their trouble.