AEV 2.5 inch Lift - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
Was in similar boat when I bought my JKU - researched until I confused myself so I bought the safe option - AEV 2.5XT with geo brackets.

I'm happy with the lift - it's still a firm ride (maybe a bit less firm than stock) but its not as harsh over bigger bumps as the stock suspension - and that was the biggest issue I wanted addressed with my lift, the harshness over bigger bumps. That's my impression only.

Read alot of people saying it's a light and day difference over stock - think that may have more to do with people trying to talk up their choice of lift over the next bloke.

For me, it is an improvement over the stock suspension for sure, but not a life changing experience as some make it out to be. (mainly on the US forums)

Offroad, the kit is alot better than stock suspension though.

For reference 2013 JKU, no other mods besides the suspension (do 2 baby seats count as mods?) and running 32psi in the std Goodyear tyres, got about a 3" gain.

Hope the OP gets his kit sorted to his satisfaction.
Can't be sure but I think it was the stock shock absorbers that I found didn't seem to want to compress at all, either they were entirely junk or the car is about 1 ton too light to give them a proper workout.

Don't understand why Chrysler thought they were even remotely appropriate for this car.

Flame Red MY08 SWB CRD
AEV front bumper + Warn 9.5
Custom Rear Bumper
BFG KM2 on Rubicon Moabs

Last edited by Zander; 04-09-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 13-03-2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIR View Post
I just installed AEV 2.5 lift kit after long (probably not enough) research. I was after a lift with same or better ride then stock driving solo with no load.
Result: completely disappointed. It rides so stiff that I will surely make the cabin start rattling very soon. I will surely go back to stock. I've been told that it would improve 100% the ride quality. Wrong! This message is for new-to-mods guys like me. I was travelling on motorway with 60Kg of stuff and a passenger at 100Km/h through a bridge joint and the stiffness made the cruise control to disengage. Today I loaded the back with 4 x 100Amps batteries to make around 140Kg load and went over a pedestrian crossing hump and the rear bounced like crazy. Shocking. The kit has been installed by experienced jeep workshop so there are no pre loaded bushing mistakes.
i'm just doing some research and was heading towards the same kit.
has the ride softened since you posted this?
what are your thoughts now?
Old 13-03-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will be watching this post carefully . I am experiencing very similar harsh thump characteristics especially rear. The drive over bad broken bitumen is shocking and the ride on corrugated dirt is woeful.
I have
4dr JKU Petrol , front bar only
2.5" lift flexi coils standard rate not heavy duty
Biltein 5160 remotes
285/70 17 Hankook atm at 26psi...should be a dream ride.
On a previous thread I was asking for actual spring rate comparison between Flexi , Aev , and Icon
Almost feels like the wheels/tyres are too heavy or the shocks don`t react fast enough , Any way lets see what is posted
Old 13-03-2014
Sideways Slammer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
Was in similar boat when I bought my JKU - researched until I confused myself so I bought the safe option - AEV 2.5XT with geo brackets.

I'm happy with the lift - it's still a firm ride (maybe a bit less firm than stock) but its not as harsh over bigger bumps as the stock suspension - and that was the biggest issue I wanted addressed with my lift, the harshness over bigger bumps. That's my impression only.

Read alot of people saying it's a light and day difference over stock - think that may have more to do with people trying to talk up their choice of lift over the next bloke.

For me, it is an improvement over the stock suspension for sure, but not a life changing experience as some make it out to be. (mainly on the US forums)

Offroad, the kit is alot better than stock suspension though.

For reference 2013 JKU, no other mods besides the suspension (do 2 baby seats count as mods?) and running 32psi in the std Goodyear tyres, got about a 3" gain.

Hope the OP gets his kit sorted to his satisfaction.
One thing to take into account is that from what I understand the AEV 2.5xt is designed to cater all of AEV's gear on the rig.
Thus all the extra weight will produce a different ride than a stock vehicle with no mods or extra weight on the front or back.
Old 13-03-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I have driven a stock JKU for 4 years and now a modified JKU with 2.5 AEV lift with geo brackets. Not talking shit, but it's night and day for me...but my 2012 modified JKU is a lot heavier with front, rear AEV bars and steel poison spider customs brawler rockers. Riding on toyo open country MT @ 28psi and it's a very comfortable ride. 35000kms and no complaints.
Old 13-03-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts

I read on the Expedition forum recently that AEV have designed the 2.5XT kit for a JKU that has front and rear bars (but no tyre carrier).

Since my above post, I've added an ARB front bar and have noticed it is a nicer ride - front end feels really good. With a bit of a load in the rear, it feels even better.
Post New Thread  Reply