Pi$$ed off - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > Resolution Center & Negative feedback
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-04-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pi$$ed off

Now I am probably in the wrong section of the forum here but I don't know if negative feedback is going to do anything other than sound slanderous!

I dropped my JK of at a reputable jeep workshop in wangara before I went away for work with a list of work to be done and some custom work also. Now the only reason I went there is because when I spoke with them on the phone the response I got was "yes mate we can do that for sure and if we can't do it through the jeep system we will work around it and definitely get it done."
So my list was 90k service, check diff ratios, new serpentine belt or belt tensioner, tranny flush, coolant flush, wheel alignment, install new jeep stereo (out of a mates jk that had 6disc changer and u connect, which mine did not) and upgrade my windows and locks to electronic as mine were not! I know, some jeeps didn't have elec windows and locks, or maybe just mine :/

Now when I dropped it off he quoted me approx $1500 to do the elec conversion, I supplied all motors, switches and full wiring loom from another 07 jk but a petrol not a diesel. I left home my phone number and email and also told him that on this date I was going onto nightshift so if they needed to contact me to just email me.

After 3-4 days I had heard nothing so I called and got told little on the phone other than the boys are still working on it. Then a few more days and I had to contact them again, through Facebook this time and I got an email saying they managed to do this, this, this and this but this requires replacing, this, this and this but prices TBA. I told them not to continue without letting me know how much it will cost before continuing as I didn't know if I could afford it. THEY DIDNT, THEY JUST DID IT!!! They didn't do the wheel alignment as my axle is bent and said there is no point! And if I wanted an axle they could do it for so many thousands even thoug I told them when I dropped it off I knew it was bent and have a replacment at home waiting to go in when I can afford it.

They didn't do the central locking because they just couldn't and didn't want to splice into the harness anymore and all auto sparkles they called didn't want to touch it. So much for we will get it done! And the end cost was $3800!! Now I was expecting to pay between $2700-3000 but these guys just assumed that because I work away that I was good for it and continued and hit me with a huge bill. At what point did they not think "hang on its getting up there abit, maybe we should get in touch and say look mate it's up at $$ do you want us to continue?"
The lack of communication is killer, if they would have been a bit more proactive and sent a detailed email or something I would have been in a much better situation. The stereo they installed, they didn't tell me anything until I picked the car up that I need a anti theft code. I could have been working on trying to get that before I picked it up! The bloke I bought it off went to work the day I picked the car up so he couldn't do anything about getting the code until he is home next, so I have been smashing some codes in just hoping to get it!
COMMUNICATION PEOPLE!

Now I don't expect anything from this rant, I just needed to vent a bit as it has been bothering me for a week now and feel a bit abused as I work away and their assumption that I make mining money. That was the end of my first swing so I wasn't minted that's for sure.

Just winds me up and I still don't have power locks ARGHHHHH
Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm on a furious typing rant as I go on!
Keep on jeepin
Old 01-04-2014
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Obviously a dealer?

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 01-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

That sucks Walshy, as far as negative feedback sounding slanderous goes as long as it is factual and you have tried everything to come to an agreement then negative feedback is where this should be, I have used one of the workshops in Wangara and the service was excellent including a phone call to confirm that I wanted to proceed when some parts I supplied weren't quite right, the problem with not naming is it casts doubt over all of the workshops in that area but make sure and try to come to an agreement first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Obviously a dealer?
I didn't even think of that, straight away I was thinking aftermarket workshops.

Last edited by AroGantz; 01-04-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2014
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ...

No wasn't a dealer, it was jeep kraft. As for negotiation I was stuck without a car! I told him my position and all I got was "ok, I will have to find out what happened". I'm just angry at the fact they just continued without any communication and the we can attitude when they could not.
I have also had a lot of pos feedback about this place from a lot of people so I had no cause for concern!
Old 01-04-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm relieved to read this... also heard a lot of positive feedback from these guys but have had a very disappointing & potentially dangerous experience having parts installed by them.

Anvil Rubi :) 35" Evan Walkers, LOD bar, Warn Powerplant & lots to come
Old 01-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the costs. As for the wheel alignment it is not hard to do it yourself as there is only Toe to adjust.
Old 01-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Ok, it wasn't the workshop I used.