Track Bar Help - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I had the Wooders one with all my lifts up to the Current 4.5"ish setup without an issue. The only things the lift height should really affect would be Castor angle (upper control arm length) and bumpstop length. The pan hard is adjusted at the chassis end so this won't change its relation to the diff on suspension cycle.

The Rock Crusher hat will be causing the problem in my opinion. Just grind it down.
Old 03-04-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

And yeah, the drop is about 2" so would work with your lift but probably not necessary. I mainly did it to sort out the ovaled out taper issue.
Old 03-05-2014
I like stuff and things.

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

Bit of closure on this thread.

Got rid of the 'Solid' diff hat and replaced it with an aftermarket Terraflex one (instantly giving me about an inch of clearance at the diff housing.

The frame end of the track bar was scoured by the nut and so it would no longer tighten, the taper was still fine. So a washer was machined to fit the top of the bracket which was now no longer flat, and once welded in place allowed the TRE to be secured in the taper.

Win.
Old 05-01-2015
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

So I found this thread, which is probably better suited to the ensuing discussion.

So the track bar TRE at the frame mount is loose again, couple of off road trips and DW presented itself.

I am not going to just whack another TRE in there, as its apparent, the TRE does not have enough range of motion to cope with the suspension travel.

I am looking at totally replacing the frame mount with either something custom, or weld on (most are LHD drive specific unfortunately).

I was thinking it may be worth first trying a Forged Johnny Joint in place of the TRE. They have a lot more travel, and are used in this application on several aftermarket track bars. If I drill out the tapered hole (which is most likely wallowed out), to 9/16 and run one of these and use grade 8 or higher hardware, would you see any issues?

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=4560

If it doesn't work, then I can go down the track of a custom mount, but this allows me to get it sorted with minimal work (drill one hole).
Old 22-02-2015
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Hey Tonka,

After the dollar tanked i didnt get the IRO mount and bar, but made my own and used a JK Synergy trackbar (right price - free lol) on Tammy's TJ. And it matched the beefieness of the IRO OTK steering. As I have moved the axle forward 2" as well i moved the mount. And have 2 holes to match the 2 mount holes on the IRO Truss on the diff but i may end up trimming the bracket yet. May have been quicker using a premade mount and modifying but this worked out well.

Old 22-02-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 82 Times in 69 Posts

you would be well advised to mount the heim joint end in a twin shear arrangement as shown in the excellent pics.
Old 22-02-2015
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Couple more photos
Post New Thread  Reply