What are your next mods / What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 527 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-08-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobrent View Post
How long do you get out of a transmission mount Wes?I am only getting 3-6 months before they are torn.
I'm still running the original tranny mount ('97 model) 250K+ kms

You must have something going on
Old 18-08-2014
AJOR Silver

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Can't say I did anything too exciting to my TJ over the weekend sadly. Refitted the rear fog lamp which had been on the chrome tube bar

After 100mm or more of torrential rain on Saturday night I found a puddle of water in the passenger side footwell, so I checked for leaves in the cowl which there was none. Dried out the carpet but suspect it could be the a/c drain hose as it's standard, although I haven't used my a/c for months.
Old 18-08-2014
Rock Munki

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I put my mud flaps back on....does that count
Old 18-08-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 82 Times in 69 Posts

I did the rear spring mods a few months ago & your right, it does make the jeep a better vehicle.
Old 24-08-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I replaced the water pump 4 months ago and have noticed a small amount of coolant always appears near the pipe for the heater hose

It would really suck to pull the water pump out again - and the heater pipe? I cranked that sucker down like a mofo when I installed it, so wasn't looking forward to undoing it again and checking it over.

This was a tiny leak and there was a slight chance the coolant was coming from the thermostat housing and running down, so pulled the thermostat housing off, cleaned it up and re-installed - damn, still coolant appearing near the heater hose

Took it off again and replaced with a new thermostat housing and no leak - don't have to take the water pump off - win!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolant leak 1 - Copy.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	69206  

Last edited by wes; 25-08-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 25-08-2014
I just registered

Red 2003 TJ Sport (AKA RubyCon)

The big upgrade is now done... Added:
- ARB front and rear lockers
- Yukon Ring and Pinon - 4.56
- AlloyUSA Chromoly front and real axles - 30 and 35 spines
- Dana 30 Nitro axle housing sleeves

Took her for a spin last weekend and she's is running great. I finally have a usable 5th gear again and she is a bit unstoppable on hills now. 1st gear feels like the original 4 Low first gear and 4 low... we'll it's just awesome!
Old 28-08-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default Finally Arrived

New TJ finally arrived in Perth after a long trip from Darwin. Had it serviced at 4WDUSA. Always thorough and tweaked quite a few things. Had a great drive down to Albany.

Today I fitted a new twill soft top and fuel filler. The twill is great.

Off to the pits tomorrow for relicensing to WA.

Last edited by SharpWraX; 28-08-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply