Just listed the WH....... - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-12-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Search for the same age Prado (diesel) with similar Km's then tell me 23 is to much.

The only reason 2nd hand grands sell for less is because we list them for less. They are by far a better vehicle & more capable.
Old 21-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Thanks for your comments guys.

The add has now been viewed by 2747 people with 171 detailed views, so they are looking.

I agree Clarky, 200,000 Klm's is not high for a diesel, especially when it has been serviced comprehensively.

Happy to leave the price & add as is for the moment as I am not desperate to sell.

Thanks again, Craig
Old 21-12-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I think your price is fine. The problem you face is there is a limited type of buyer for that type of Jeep even a Jeep in general.
People get scared by Jeeps and are brainwashed into thinking Toyota Nissan for offroad not a Jeep Grand.
It may take a while but if you can find the right buyer who wants a Jeep Grand and is looking to do those types of mods the km wont matter and the price is a bargain. If I didn't already have one that I had thrown so much money at I would buy yours.
Its also not a great time to sell, so you may just have to wait for the right buyer.

If youre in a hurry you may sell a stocky quicker possibly for better money too.
You could remove all your mods and sell them

Last edited by boost26; 21-12-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 21-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Search for the same age Prado (diesel) with similar Km's then tell me 23 is to much.

The only reason 2nd hand grands sell for less is because we list them for less. They are by far a better vehicle & more capable.
People pay more for Toyotas because they think they are more reliable. It's most likely not the case but Toyota has a reputation for reliability and Jeep doesn't. The actual truth seems to make little difference.

I agree that they are a much better vehicle but again the average person looking for a second hand 4wd is much happier putting their money with a Toyota.
Old 21-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

G'day Craig,

Dam nice WH.

I am currently looking for one myself.
Watching the market it is defantly one of the better set up Grands.
However the price is high for for the Km's. Yes you have a lot of after market items & as already mentioned you will never get anywhere near the value of the parts added to the price.

As I see it, the Km's is your problem as you can always buy after market parts, but you can never get the km's of wear & tear (no matter how well maintained) back.

Then for me I would have to addanother $1000 or so to register it in NSW.

If you have time to hold out & wait, eventually someone will make you an offer that your happy to sell it for.

Once again it is a nice Grand & good luck.

Hunno
Old 21-12-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts

I agree the price is too high. It's a very nice unit and looks great BUT klm are too high and it's an 2006. Amazing number of hits yes but how many inspections and how many offers have you had?
Hit's means nothing, it just means how many tyre kickers who like Jeeps and surf the net late at night, Just like me.
Old 21-12-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

Craig I had my jaguar XJR6 up for sale on carsales for a year also had thousands of lookers /tyre kickers and a few bookmarked as well it had 247,000 k,s on the clock and a history file 3 inch's thick that I spent on it

I even had a guy come look at it mess me around then heard back from him 4 months later that he had bought a cheaper one and if I still had the original diff from my car and that he would like to buy it I said I had the diff but it was not for sale it was going with the car to whoever purchased the car he now has a $3500 bill to look forward to LOL

Then 1 week before the add was about to expire I got a guy from Tasmania make me an offer which I refused he came back with another which I was happy with he paid me in full online within the next couple weeks
Then the strangest thing he couldn't pick up the car he has to be near hospital as he is recovering from an operation so I will be delivering it to Tasmania in 2 weeks and will have a holiday at the same time go figure hey

Moral of the storey stick to your guns its worth what its worth just need to get to the right guy or gal
This time of the year its hard to sell anything after Christmas things pick up and 200.000 k,s for a MB OM642 engine is just run in mines got over 300,000 now going great
Post New Thread  Reply