Where does one get a CRD Fuel Filter from? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-01-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default Where does one get a CRD Fuel Filter from?

I went to several so called 'parts suppliers' and not one had it in stock and some didn't even have a listing. Where are you guys sourcing your filters from?

It's a KJ thing!
KJ Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition
Old 18-01-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 136 Times in 81 Posts

I get my JK filters from Western Filters in Sydeny send in the mail. Usually get a "package deal" with air and oil.

If I'm just doing oil, Bersons arn't much dearer.
Old 18-01-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

I got a couple from Rock Auto in the USA in my last big order.

I did check with my local Auto One first though and they gave me a price of around $60, but they had to order it in.
Old 19-01-2015
CrawlerStar

Thanks guys. Ended up finding a Mann filter at Sydney Filters. Should have it within a couple of days.

Is there a thread on here about filter replacement process? I did a search but nothing came up specifically on method to replace it.

From what I know, you

1) Unplug sensors from the top of the filter assembly
2) Unscrew old filter and try to remove without getting diesel everywhere...
3) Poor diesel into new filter and apply o-ring
4) Screw new filter back in to place
5) Pump primer until pump feels rock hard
6) Reconnect sensors

Nevermind, I found this on LOST.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...ic.php?t=35702

That about cover it?

It's a KJ thing!

Last edited by Jeepboy79; 19-01-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 23-01-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 86 Times in 59 Posts

Yes,
Mann & Hummel, Cooper, Max (WCF12), Baldwin (BF7970) all do a fuel filter that suits. Cant remember the part numbers on the first two, there are some variation in the length of the filters, but all work, I only use the Baldwin.

Regards
Daz
Old 27-01-2015
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenR View Post
Yes,
Mann & Hummel, Cooper, Max (WCF12), Baldwin (BF7970) all do a fuel filter that suits. Cant remember the part numbers on the first two, there are some variation in the length of the filters, but all work, I only use the Baldwin.

Regards
Daz
Hi, yes mate, got a Mann in the end and installed on the weekend. So far so good. The bleeder valve and primer make it quite simple to bleed the air out.

The hardest thing was getting old bugger off. Cut my hands up real good trying to twist it off till I decided to just remove the whole filter along with the mount, stuck the rectangular portion of the mount in the vice and had to use a tool to get it to turn...unbelievably tough to turn. I suspect the suction had it on there very tight.

It's a KJ thing!
Post New Thread  Reply