Coil over user please stand up - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-03-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

on my ipad or i'd upload a pic. i run the evo bolt ons, and have converted more thn a few people onto them and they have converted even more. and none of us will ever look back. yes it costs a bit, but it is not only about the fex extra inches of extremely well controlled travel and adustablitiy of the setup. but the on road characteristics of the fine tuned kings is amazing! the entire kit is well made and well thought out except the powdercoating evo uses is shit (but that may have been fixed) king are now using better slider than before so less noisey ive swapped my coilover sliders for AGM ones which are slient and fluent. seriously if you go the coilovers you'll never have a regret. im on very flexy short arms currently and trust me long arms are on the list because i have so much flex. however i could live with short if i needed to and i have for the past 2 years. i can provide photo's if you like of the components, flex shots ride height etc. I currently sit at bout 3.5in lift and 35s fit under 2.1m carparks with a MBRP roof rack easily. and i can travel through anything with crazy control thanks to the flex and fine tuning of the kings.
Old 17-03-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

what exactly is involved with fitting Mudder, and what other gear do you need onto of their kits?....
I only recently joined, i have cruisers and patrol so jeeps are new to me but I'm going to be buying one in around a month and ill have no real budget to what i wanna do to it first i just want super flex and comfort like long arms possibly as i have them on current cars, and id like to try coil overs out too, but i just don't know much about the kits for the jeeps as they are from the states and unsure if parts are a direct bolt on?
Old 18-03-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

It would really depend on the kit you bought, but say you just bought the bolt on coilover kit. Not eves coilover lift kit which has other junk in it. You'd then need control arms... Ideally long arms but not a necessityjust highly recommended. Front driveshaft as a necessity rear is recommended. And then a high steer kit with decent arms. I'd suggest currie over synergy. Plus track bars (recomended)
Old 22-03-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
on my ipad or i'd upload a pic. i run the evo bolt ons, and have converted more thn a few people onto them and they have converted even more. and none of us will ever look back. yes it costs a bit, but it is not only about the fex extra inches of extremely well controlled travel and adustablitiy of the setup. but the on road characteristics of the fine tuned kings is amazing! the entire kit is well made and well thought out except the powdercoating evo uses is shit (but that may have been fixed) king are now using better slider than before so less noisey ive swapped my coilover sliders for AGM ones which are slient and fluent. seriously if you go the coilovers you'll never have a regret. im on very flexy short arms currently and trust me long arms are on the list because i have so much flex. however i could live with short if i needed to and i have for the past 2 years. i can provide photo's if you like of the components, flex shots ride height etc. I currently sit at bout 3.5in lift and 35s fit under 2.1m carparks with a MBRP roof rack easily. and i can travel through anything with crazy control thanks to the flex and fine tuning of the kings.

Hey mudder, was thinking going with kings and evo plush could cause I want the best on road ride due to my jk being a dd. but was thinking evo coilovers? How is the on road ride? Soft? Handle small bumps? Also evo says need to run 3.75 or less bs but my rims are 4.5bs what are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22-03-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jives View Post
Hey mudder, was thinking going with kings and evo plush could cause I want the best on road ride due to my jk being a dd. but was thinking evo coilovers? How is the on road ride? Soft? Handle small bumps? Also evo says need to run 3.75 or less bs but my rims are 4.5bs what are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
x2 on this as that would make the jk really wide meaning more $ on wider fenders??
Post New Thread  Reply