this jeep - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-06-2015
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default this jeep

Hi again all.
Well this jeep hasn't moved (except around town on short trips below 70kph!)
Still haven't got the DW sorted out.. I dont have "permission" if you get my drift.
So I am ... encouraged.. (blinking twice for help) to sell it.
As per previous posts its basically had its issues with starting at what not, but the main thing that needs attention is balljoints control arm bushes etc.
If anyone is interested let me know, I'd put it in the for sale section but I'd rather put some feelers out first. If any of you want to come check it out PM me. If you know your stuff I think you will be happy with it, its pretty schmick except for this front end wobble.
I have just bought a new battery and oddly not experiencing the longer crank times. the last one died in the cold and not being driven.
reluctant but gotta do what the boss says, especially since I have 4 other registered vehicles in the driveway !
Old 27-06-2015
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I'd put it in the for sale section before the mods move you there. Then, all questions and discussions could be asked there.

Hanna's great WJ sold for about $5000. So, yours with the DW will be considerably less after the test drive as it will scare the bejesus out of potential buyers.

carsales
Gumtree
EBay
Old 27-06-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGW View Post
I'd put it in the for sale section before the mods move you there. Then, all questions and discussions could be asked there.

Hanna's great WJ sold for about $5000. So, yours with the DW will be considerably less after the test drive as it will scare the bejesus out of potential buyers.
Yeah i figured as much. We are a bit stuck with this thing at the moment, so if we could move it on (and my Rodeo ute unforunately) that would be awesome.
The next best thing is to borrow/buy a press and do the balljoints myself which I don't mind its just a time thing. That would halve the cost of sorting the DW out anyway. But at the moment I'm being pushed to clear the driveway ( )
I wasn't sure what to put on the listing to be inline with the format in the for sale section. I don't really have a price in mind, I was told to put it online for 7k but thats a way out there! You lot seem to know better so I'm happy to hear anythin at this stage.
Old 27-06-2015
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-revi...6#.VY5ScoYmKrW

Maybe pm Shane001 for prices. He's done a lot of background work.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=139818&page=3

Last edited by Tyvokka; 27-06-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 27-06-2015
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

My god who pays those clowns to write that crap:

Jeep Grand Cherokee is a large 4WD

The WG-series Grand Cherokee, sold from late 2000, is arguably better in than the WJ model it superseded. However, true Jeep devotees swear by the older one, loving its character and what they say is the "true Jeep" feel.

Although it's large, the Grand Cherokee is easier to drive in traffic than you might expect

In Australia, the Jeep dealer network operates in the bush as well as the suburbs. We hear of no significant complaints about the prices of spare parts or their availability.

Manual gearboxes aren't the most refined units but are generally trouble-free; beware of one that crunches on fast downchanges.

Unfortunately if it drives as bad as you indicate, I'm thinking it's about a $3,000 car but all you can do is put a figure on it and see what the market thinks.
Old 28-06-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,997 Times in 2,359 Posts

So where did he find a Grand Cherokee with a manual box, wanker..large FWD NOT!!! and WJ better than WG doesn't have a bloody clue that fella..............

I reckon 336lg I'd sell it for parts.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 29-06-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
So where did he find a Grand Cherokee with a manual box, wanker..large FWD NOT!!! and WJ better than WG doesn't have a bloody clue that fella..............

I reckon 336lg I'd sell it for parts.
I considered that but it would be a bit of a shame considering the rest of it is in good nick (unless someone takes it as is) theres a guy down the road that has 2 parked out the front was even considering making an offer for a complete front end... or wheel mine into his yard and forget i ever had it.

Has anyone got a balljoint press they want to get rid of, with the adapters, I've been keeping an eye on some of the ones online but haven't made the choice yet. Like I said I currently don't have permission to wheel it in to stu murchison and just have em do it all in one go. Missus is still struggling to find work.

I'm only finding press kits around 180 - 400 bucks. cheap suspicious ebay ones OR out of stock at a good price, like this one i was linked to by siggers https://www.vidaxl.com.au/p/210167/4...ss-service-kit

don't want to buy a turd bit of chinese gear that snaps due to factory balljoints not wanting to come out
Post New Thread  Reply