Diff Ratio change for bigger wheels. Who has done it? - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-07-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 51 Times in 38 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What part number flashy? 63-19818-010??

Last edited by hopwrecked; 15-07-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 16-07-2015
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopwrecked View Post
What part number flashy? 63-19818-010??
I don't know the part number sorry. Stu from Murchisons sorted all that out for me. Half of the order has come across in container, and the other half is on it's way (I hope). It's silly that the oversea distributor split up an order like that. The bit I don't have is the e-locker and it's master install kit. I do have the the rear detroit tru-trac and new gearings though. It all has to go on at the same time so it's sadly gathering dust in a box right now
Old 16-07-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
The only real difference is the mechanism that locks them (solenoid or air compressor), not the locker hardware inside.

Flashy I was more concerned with the metallurgy, when I looked at and eaton I wasn't all that impressed with the machining and that automatically question the rest. I questioned a few guys in the states that had fitted them ( nephew and two of his mates) and decided to go with the ARB based on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22-07-2015
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
The only real difference is the mechanism that locks them (solenoid or air compressor), not the locker hardware inside.

All the guys I wheel with hate their ARB air leakers, I mean lockers. So much hassle and the compressor cycling every 10 seconds spoils the enjoyment. The others with e-lockers haven't had any issues I'm aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Does the CRD have different ratios to the petrol? I might be looking at locking soon and not sure on ratios to go to.

I don't have the answer but if memory serves me correctly on the petrol models the factory fitted ratio is written on a round metal disc fastened to the transfer case. It's worth a look.
Old 13-08-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 38 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikzor View Post
265/75/R16 + Locked + 4.56 gears are what I'd like to upgrade too, fingers crossed that my Chrissy present to myself this year.
So any though on backspaceing for this size?

I had heard 4.25"-4.5" to get the 31.6" in (with grinding and trimming).

Have to educate myself tonight on this so any advice will be appreicated.

Last edited by hopwrecked; 15-08-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2015
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikzor View Post
Nope, as far as I aware from just general internet research you can't program the KK to a particular tyre size and a dealer can only change it to the stock sizes that they shipped with. Maybe the dealers can... they just choose not to.

The AEV Procal type units don't work on our model so I haven't read of anyone being able to do it outside of the dealer scanners.

... happy to be educated differently if anyone knows better
Maybe Hypertech will do the job. I took a punt & purchased one for my grand & even though the web site had no listing for a CRD & it worked.
Model number Hypertech Speedometer Calibrators 752501, the same one listed on their site for the Liberty.

I would lone it to you guys but unfortunately it locks to your VIN

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/products-results.aspx