2007 KJ CRD Timing Belt Change - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2015
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Agreed. And put witness marks on everything before you start, even the old belt, and transfer the old belt witness marks to the new belt. You can use Liquid Paper typo corrector for witness marks. Never too many in my opinion.
Old 26-07-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Yeah Glen - I put about 10-12 marks on mine to be sure, much like the photos on DarrenR's Facebook page. I wasn't taking any risks on this one....
Old 15-09-2015
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jeez, what an epic stuff around from VM. I've looked into doing this and thought I would do it but not too sure now. I was quoted $790 to do the timing belt change (include parts and labour). But luckily I don't need to do it for a while.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 15-09-2015
AJOR Silver

That seems pretty low to have someone do it for you, try getting a quote from a Jeep Servce Mgr and it will be over $1500.

Unless you have a guy that really knows these engines you might be better off DIY. In the US there is a guy that flys to you to do the timing belt , he's got a nice little business but I suppose he doesn't mind the travel. Maybe Darren eh?
Old 15-09-2015

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Cost me $2300
Full timing belt kit and tensioner
accessories belt and pulleys And tensioner.
Waterpump and airbox to turbo hose.
oil and fuel filter and oil.
Mechanic that done it has never done a vm before.
8 hours labour. Had to go through a mechanic as have warranty. car is running beautifully (and quite)
Old 16-09-2015
AJOR Silver

That's more in line with costs I have heard in the past - which included the water pump change. So $1500 to $2300 depending on whether the pump and potentially the thermostat and fan clutch are included.
It's a job that is easy to stuff up but if your good with tools you can diy if you follow the Service Manual and past threads on the job. If diy allow a couple of days. You can avoid all the front end disassembly if you do the fan shroud mod before hand.
If diy get, or make the cam locking pins.
Post New Thread  Reply