My missus is interested in a Jeep Wrangler, what are the good and the bad? - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-10-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
It might be because of this "I realize the only way to get the Premium EVIC on a 2014 is to get the Connectivity package"

From http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/pr...ic-257447.html
That's a definite NO.
Overland comes with connectivity package for a start. And there are differences in packages for Aus than US.

The premium evic probably only comes with rubicon or may be special editions like polar / dragon.
Old 20-10-2015
I just registered

One thing I love about my Defender is the upright seating position as my lower back is a bit stuffed (two flattened discs). I know we will find out for ourselves in a couple of weeks when we get down to Cairns for a test drive, but how does the seating position compare in the Jeep ie is it upright or more traditional?
Chris
Old 20-10-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My issue with the seats is that you sit "on" them, not "in" them like our current car, I just can't get comfortable in them. The only 4WD we've liked the seats in were the Touareg and the Grand Cherokee - both of which too $$$
Old 20-10-2015
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe latte View Post
One thing I love about my Defender is the upright seating position as my lower back is a bit stuffed (two flattened discs). I know we will find out for ourselves in a couple of weeks when we get down to Cairns for a test drive, but how does the seating position compare in the Jeep ie is it upright or more traditional?
Chris
It is definitely more flexible than the Deffer. You can be bolt upright or laid back like a wanker gangster wanna be - its all good!

You also don't need to wind your window down to extend your right elbow and there's no handbrake to rest your left knee on.

Safer getting in and out with a suit too - the door latch is significantly less destructive to your clothing. Although the OBD2 connector under the dash can be a bit sharp and put some gouges in your leather boots if you're not careful.

The interior will seem more cossetting and car like on first appearances but under the plush looking carpet and dished door sills there's strategically placed rubber grommets which make hosing out your dog vomit a piece of semi digested cake and bile. Truthfully though the flat and sloping floor of the Deffer is superior to the Jeep's tub style but I guess there's not really much in it.

Last edited by Yom; 20-10-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 20-10-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 37 Times in 28 Posts

Whilst having a test drive also jump in a GC, will do everything you want, has a much more refined engine and transmission,tighter turning circle, way bigger tow capacity and not a whole lot more price wise.
Just fit A/T tyres and you're all good.
The Wrangler is great if you are serious about off roading but for everything else it's very much a compromise.
We have both and it gives us greater flexibility in our camping or boating choices.
Old 20-10-2015
Established Member

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts

Hi

I love my wrangler seatings, I have leather, I dont like leather, I covered them with neopren seat covers, so nice.

I just recently changed my wrangler seating to a more upright seating position, reason for that is to have my head closer or flush to the head rest to minimize a whiplash injury. Studies has shown this to be true.

Another reason is to fix or to improve my forward head position that many people have today, and this is very important to avoid back pain etc.

So have your seating more upright and dont have your head to forward.

It could feel less comfortable in the beginning to sit more upright and with your head above your spine if you already have developed severe forward head posture, just have to work and train to make it better.

I am also trying to use my headrest on my chair at home when computing, it aint easy with forward head posture.

Please se this movie for your health

Old 20-10-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Omar, just curious. Are you a teacher?