KK Drivers Post Youir Pics... - Page 96 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-12-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
Default December camping

Merry Christmas all,

I just go back from the D'Entrecastreaux National Park in South West WA. It was the first time I had driven the KK on the Beach, through rivers and up huge dunes, so it was quite an adventure.

some pics:

Forest River crossing.

Onto sandy trails and the beach:

We found the Fishing shack we were looking for. The governement want to bulldoze it. The owner built it in the 50's and it's free to all.

So we took the RC Glider out. It was too windy for the drone.

Moonlight on the cliffs

Back into the forest the next day to get to the Dunes. Dodged emus, roos and dugites to get there.

Had to take a run up to get to the top of the Yeagerup dune which is a about 40 degree climb of soft sand that rises above the treetops of the adjacent forest. It was like landing on the moon!

Getting ready for the dune descent. You can see the treetops ahead.

It was an awesome trip and I learned a lot about what the KK could do. I did need lockers a few times though.

Last edited by flashy; 27-12-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 22-03-2016
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts

A quick snap from Augusta last week. It's the most South West point in Australia where the Indian Ocean meets the southern ocean. The rocks here were a good substitute for a track

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1031.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	73640  
Old 26-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 38 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Camping two weeks ago. Work got in the way of it this Easter long weekend, most depressing...

I'll put the wet weather to use and work on the camper trailer design (new TIG welder has just arrived!)
Old 26-03-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 108 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopwrecked View Post

Camping two weeks ago. Work got in the way of it this Easter long weekend, most depressing...

I'll put the wet weather to use and work on the camper trailer design (new TIG welder has just arrived!)
Nice setup, anymore pics of that rear bar?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar
Old 27-03-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 38 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Cheers, I'll load some up soon. This was pretty much only Jeep shot I took on the last trip and the camera isnt great. Uploading off the S6 is painful compared to the old fruit camera phone.

Bar is not finished yet. Few minor probs to sort but it has got my spare out and fuel capacity up.
Old 28-03-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 108 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Cheers, I'll load some up soon. This was pretty much only Jeep shot I took on the last trip and the camera isnt great. Uploading off the S6 is painful compared to the old fruit camera phone.

Bar is not finished yet. Few minor probs to sort but it has got my spare out and fuel capacity up.
I know what you mean about pic uploads as phones as it can be a little painful sometimes. Nice job with the bar though, is it a Modded patrol or cruiser bar or full custom job. Looks pretty neat.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

MY13 JKU Manual Billet Silver Rubicon,Leather,SAT/NAV,Towbar,AEV-Front-Bar

Last edited by dom83; 28-03-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 14-04-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Yours is looking pretty tough flashy. Perth. Anything you wish you had done differently? How do you find the ride with your lift kit?

I'm still short listing what goodies will get a gig but I'm 99% on the Uneek bullbar with bash plate, CRDSTU 04HD + 05HD, A Murchison Steering rack brace kit, JBA upper control arms, Haymen Reece tow hitch (for my dingy or 4x4 trailer).

New wheels and treads but I have not selected anything. Could you picture these on a KK http://www.tyresales.com.au/buy/tyre...0?q=4#moreinfo at only twice my budget and oh so fuel economic...just dreaming

I'm also considering front and rear lockers and a gearing upgrade (4.56) and bearings but that's not gonna be cheap and I don't want to get air lockers over Es and regret it- more thought on this for sure.

Question for anyone, are there places with similar focus and passion as Murchison?They seem extremely good service and range wise where as other places I've called or searched don't seem to have much for the KK..
Those Toyo's are good but Pirelli is rated better, this is a better deal imo

https://www.tyroola.com.au/pirelli-s...51810aaa1.html
Post New Thread  Reply