WH bites the dust big time - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-07-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

At last,got my WH back yesterday,has a motor out of a 08 rollover with 109,000Ks on the clock.My old motor (89,000Ks)was overfueling on pistons 4 and 1 and number 1 was the one that let go blowing a hole through the top and out the side displacing the rings scouring the bore.when test running the new motor the balance (compression)was all over the place,just like the old motor,Paul asked me if i had a tune,i said yes,so he removed the tune and the motor ran smooth as,don't know how much if any impact it had on the old motor but the new one will be staying tune free.
Old 15-07-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

Damn!! Sucks about the tune as well. Was it the GDE or something else? What are you doing with the old motor?
Old 16-07-2016
CrawlerStar

Yeah,was a GDE bit of a shame as it is a very good tune but just can't afford to take a chance,the motor was exchange as second hand CRD parts are worth there weight in gold.
Old 16-07-2016
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Isn't the GDE tune engine specific? May be why it ran ruff on new engine.
Old 16-07-2016
CrawlerStar

The new motor was a bare motor,every thing on the outside of the block and heads were off the old motor including the intake manifolds(mine still look new)the new motor ran fine with the tune except when it was cold it was very noisy compared to other grands that were in the workshop so after more checks and testing i erred on the safe side and took the tune off,maybe after my bank account comes off life surport i will investigate further.
Old 16-07-2016
LokRinger

Liked 1,761 Times in 558 Posts

Glad it is all sorted now and keeping things safe with the standard tune.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 17-07-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Isn't the GDE tune engine specific? May be why it ran ruff on new engine.
You are right Clarky it is tune specific I don't believe you can just swap it over to another engine and expect it to run without issues.

When I got my tune Stu Murchison downloaded my vehicle's current engine tune to the GDE hard drive that was going to be used to upgrade my vehicle's ECU and was sent to GDE in the USA via the net.

They did the upgraded tune, it was back within a day and Stu downloaded it to my vehicle.

There's information on Murchison Products site regarding the process.

http://murchisonproducts.com.au/site...DE-install.pdf
Post New Thread  Reply