JKU: Snowing Angry Copper Build - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-09-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowing View Post
I remember I got that from DBOR. That's the Teraflex CB mount. You will need a spare tire relocation bracket or spacer if using larger tyres with stock rim to use this mount thou. Otherwise can't get the antenna straight. I added the Daystar tailgate bump stops and a rugged ridge bracket for my stock carrier.
Thanks mate
Old 19-10-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Bits and pieces happened these 2 weeks. The tire carrier spacer changed to teraflex one. With plate and camera relocation in, the whole thing really stick out too far. I have to search for the stock tailgate bump stop again. The daystar ones are too long.

Finally started looking into the rear storage. After some thoughts on how my df like to arrange things for weekend tours and long tours, I have dropped the idea of drawer systems altogether. So will probably go with frontrunner interior rack and slider. To make more space, the first thing done is remove the sub woofer while waiting for other things. I really don't notice the difference without it and I already have a second 12v at the back before so I'm not missing the one with sub woofer.
So finally much more room to enjoy my JK.

sub woofer removed once and for all.

New parts waiting to install.

This is the part sometimes missed for the removal. The left one is the original one with sub woofer, the right one is without sub woofer.

The socket for sub is taped up just in case I decided to make a "box" the the sub at some stage or want to get access to the extra 12v.

Front facing 12v socket screwed in which will be below the future frontrunner interior rack.

All that's left now is wait for the rack and slider to come in.
Old 05-12-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi mate new to this so bear with me please,looking at you post i see you have the jw 8700 and a head liner kit , i pick my jku up in about 2 weeks and looking to do a build on it with the same sort of thing any tips or pointers would be good , all the best .
Old 05-12-2015
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Congrats for joining the family of never ending spending.
For headlights upgrade, you can get jw 8700J, trucklite, etc..
For headliner, mine is thermal core, but if i choose again, i would get hothead headliner.

Build thread : JKU Angry Copper Build
Old 05-12-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks looking at the uneek stuff at the moment ,like the fact made here and local to me , going for a AEV 31/2 " lift and reserve shocks and shirt arm instead of brks, and change the springs and a few other things the list is getting bigger ant the $ is going up😕

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 12-11-2016
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Finally start moving again. Got a good deal for a pair of Springtail solutions interior racks. Easy to install. Finally can start looking into dual battery setup. No idea which way to go yet thou.
Got another good deal for Prorack T17 (2 bars and mount). So going to install that for time being while saving up for the front runner one. Once it's up, can start looking at awning.
Another new comer waiting to get on is the front runner tailgate drop down table. Highly recommended for the price!
Will post up some photos once things are in place.

Old 15-08-2017
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

With plans changed along the way and knowing what I need, full roof rack is out of the way already. Installed 2 roof rails from Rhino and put the Prorack T18 on. This will give me approx. 35~40kg loading which is more than what is needed. After all, the bars are only for mounting awning, fishing rods, maxtrax and may be solar panel.

Dual battery setup is also in place now. Battery is located on driver's side springtail rack. The redarc charger is hiding inside the rack as so it is out of the way for my fridge. The rack is good for 105ah battery which is what I have now.

Next thing will be the tire carrier... which will arrive tomorrow from US.

Post New Thread  Reply