Cargo area length - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-01-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Cargo area length

Hi all. Quick question. I don't have my car for a few days and have the opportunity to get a fridge slide. What's the length in the rear cargo area? The one I can get is 700 mm long and I want to know if it will fit. I'm putting my 38 litre Engels Eclipse in it.
Cheers in advance Doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25-01-2017
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I can't measure mine at the moment but keep in mind that the floor length is not the concern. I have a EvaKool. And it 'just' fits. The issue is the way the back of the rear seat slopes backwards. Also the tailgate intrudes into the rear. Have a measurement with the tailgate closed and the rear seats up.

regards
Old 25-01-2017
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucet View Post
I can't measure mine at the moment but keep in mind that the floor length is not the concern. I have a EvaKool. And it 'just' fits. The issue is the way the back of the rear seat slopes backwards. Also the tailgate intrudes into the rear. Have a measurement with the tailgate closed and the rear seats up.

regards

Thanks brucet I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I'll be able to get access today to measure it.

Old 25-01-2017
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

OK the KK is back home. I've just run the tape over it.
Floor length, (at floor level), is 820mm. However from the back of the seat to the tailgate is only 680mm.
Remember the seat leans back and the tailgate intrudes, at an angle, into the cargo space.

regards
Old 25-01-2017
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucet View Post
OK the KK is back home. I've just run the tape over it.

Floor length, (at floor level), is 820mm. However from the back of the seat to the tailgate is only 680mm.

Remember the seat leans back and the tailgate intrudes, at an angle, into the cargo space.

regards

Oh lord, that's tight. Thanks sooooo much for doing that. I won't have access to the old girl for another few days and need to make decision today. So I really appreciate that brucet. It will just fit but tight. The handles are removable on my fridge so I will have to manufacture some tie down points but the main thing is it will fit. Thanks heaps again mate.

Old 25-01-2017
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

My EvaKool is 650mm long, including handles. Handles are 300mm off the floor. So it just fits. Measure the longest part of the fridge and how high that is off the floor. You maybe surprised what will fit.

good luck.
Old 20-02-2017
CrawlerStar

Default Cargo area length

Well it's in and it's fine. Fits my Engels equipe no problems with rear seat up.

Thanks to brucet for his help with this one. Greatly appreciated mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by CibbyDoc; 20-02-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply