What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 87 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-08-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

I washed it 😁 Can’t do much else in Victoria. And I polished up all
of the chrome. One of the best bits of a WK2. Nice and shiny.
Old 30-08-2020
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post
I washed it 😁 Can’t do much else in Victoria. And I polished up all
of the chrome. One of the best bits of a WK2. Nice and shiny.
It would suck to be stuck in Vic at the moment, if we were all stuck home for weeks on end, someone wouldn't be making it out!
. We've had free roaming and pretty much back to normal for everything for last few months
Old 30-08-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
It would suck to be stuck in Vic at the moment, if we were all stuck home for weeks on end, someone wouldn't be making it out!
. We've had free roaming and pretty much back to normal for everything for last few months
Luckily I’m outside of Melbourne, and we can still do a few things. My issue is that I work in a hospital where I was working 40 hour weeks over 4 days. But now it’s 60 hour weeks over 6 days. I’m grateful to still have a job, so many don’t, but I’m exhausted. Too exhausted to go out and do anything. At least it gives me time to save up for some goodies.
Old 31-08-2020
I just registered

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Using my home made ramps I got under the Jeep and fitted some Boos Bash Plates. I opted to get the zinc coated and painted them black with enamel spray paint. Saved $90 and a 1-2 week lead time vs getting them powder coated. I know the paint won’t hold up great but will be easy to touch up as needed.

Pretty happy with the plates, only potential issue is the sump plate drops pretty low. Looking at the photos from Custom Off-road theirs seems to hug the chassis a bit better. Dang things are really heavy. With the pre runner I’ve added about 55kg to the Jeep.

I’ve got wheel/tire next week the just need to schedule the lift and I’ll be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 WK2 V6 Petrol
Old 31-08-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog2516 View Post
Using my home made ramps I got under the Jeep and fitted some Boos Bash Plates. I opted to get the zinc coated and painted them black with enamel spray paint. Saved $90 and a 1-2 week lead time vs getting them powder coated. I know the paint won’t hold up great but will be easy to touch up as needed.

Pretty happy with the plates, only potential issue is the sump plate drops pretty low. Looking at the photos from Custom Off-road theirs seems to hug the chassis a bit better. Dang things are really heavy. With the pre runner I’ve added about 55kg to the Jeep.

I’ve got wheel/tire next week the just need to schedule the lift and I’ll be done.

Love the home made ramps

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 31-08-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadKiwi View Post
Hoping someone may be able to help me, I'm in QLD and looking at getting the Murch Prod CRDSTU lift, which for my petrol wk2, is 2.5". I was looking at the QLD laws the other day though and it says max 75mm lift to the car, which if you are combining suspension + tyres is made up of 50mm suspension + 25mm tyres. I've currently got bigger tyres on (275/65R1 which accounts for the 25mm tyre increase but if i got a 2.5" lift that would be 63.5mm for the suspension. Does that mean its non compliant?
I wouldn't worry about it too much and go for the 2.5" lift. Coils tend to settle after a while and you'll probably find that 6 months down the track, your 2.5" lift would be close enough to 2" not too worry.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 31-08-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,958 Times in 2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadKiwi View Post
Hoping someone may be able to help me, I'm in QLD and looking at getting the Murch Prod CRDSTU lift, which for my petrol wk2, is 2.5". I was looking at the QLD laws the other day though and it says max 75mm lift to the car, which if you are combining suspension + tyres is made up of 50mm suspension + 25mm tyres. I've currently got bigger tyres on (275/65R1 which accounts for the 25mm tyre increase but if i got a 2.5" lift that would be 63.5mm for the suspension. Does that mean its non compliant?
Here you go the official word from TMR QLD;

Vehicle Lifts
Raising of 4WD type vehicles (ADR category MC, NA and NB1 only)
Vehicles with electronic stability control (ESC) are treated the same as vehicles without ESC.
The raising of a vehicle is permitted up to 75mm without certification, testing or specific approval, provided the vehicle continues to comply with all other vehicle standards requirements. The 75mm lift limit can be made up of a maximum of 50mm suspension and/or 25mm tyres only. No body block lift is allowed without certification.
A vehicle lift up to 150mm is permitted with certification by an Approved Person. The maximum 150mm limit can be made up of a maximum of 75mm suspension, 25mm tyres and 50mm body blocks. Tyre lift heights are 50% of the tyre diameter, for example a 25mm tyre lift results from a 50mm increase in tyre diameter. For more information, refer to the section on Tyres and Rims.
For more information refer to the Queensland Code of Practice: Vehicle Modifications.

The big question is, is your JGC rated as a MC or MA but that classification has undergone some revision, just gets damn confusing......

Just get the lift done and it should be less than you think with barwork, bums and junk pulling the height down.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 31-08-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply