WK2 Eco Diesel Recall in USA - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-06-2021
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,962 Times in 2,335 Posts

Certain air filters which have an oily/wax coating can interfere with the MAF sensor , like the MAP sensor a good spray with sensor cleaner so the gunk drips off but they must be let to dry before refitting and never ever touch the plates.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 22-06-2021
Established Member

Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

How many of you guys has their Jeep listed on the latest recall for the 'tone wheel' issue?
Mine isnt listed and be interested to understand how this issue could effect some cars and not all.
Old 22-06-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,962 Times in 2,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
How many of you guys has their Jeep listed on the latest recall for the 'tone wheel' issue?
Mine isnt listed and be interested to understand how this issue could effect some cars and not all.
Would depend on the actual build date of your vehicle, not the MY... Parts are not all made by the same mob, more than likely this specific run was faulty so vehicles made with this batch get recalled, the next contract didn't have the fault............... Just like tyres, batteries and a myriad of other parts they aren't all made in the same factories, so materials used won't be the same across the whole line up, obviously some thing stuffed up in QC.
It is interesting as 14-15 was a time of changes for the WK2, the model seems to have a clear line where earlier problems stopped and new ones appeared, the 13 is different to the 14 and the 15 has things different to the 14, subtle changes but they are there in the electrical side...of course our Export model is different in many ways to the US model so a comparison is not always accurate.

Looked Australian recall list and the first one (Laredo) was a Jun2014 build but unable to find a build for the last one, a summit other than 2015....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 22-06-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Old 22-06-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Laredo View Post
My vehicle had an intermittent low idle shudder when pulling up to a set of lights for about 18months which wouldn't log a code. Finally I got the "Service Electronic Throttle" message & a code for the MAF values being out of range. Bought/fitted a new MAF from Bursons & haven't had a problem since.
Good to hear mate, would you still have the Part# for the MAF sensor and roughly the price , and was it an order in job or did they have it in their parts bin cheers
Old 22-06-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 373 Times in 211 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
Good to hear mate, would you still have the Part# for the MAF sensor and roughly the price , and was it an order in job or did they have it in their parts bin cheers
Vehicle has a Jan 15 build date

Here are the numbers:

Bosch part # 0281006247, MOPAR Part # 68069532AA

Price was $190 inc GST.

Bursons at Taren Point (Sydney) ordered the part at 9am (ex warehouse parts bin) & had it in the store at 2pm the same day.

Jeep quoted approx $400 & 1 week ex Melbourne

Is also listed here:

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/bosch-0281006247

Cheers

Last edited by TR Laredo; 22-06-2021 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Extra info
Old 22-06-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Yeah mines on the list Aug 2016 Compliance, I will not be rushing in too quick for the recall, after all recalls dont have a lifeline/ expirey.

Definitely not too fussed having some rough arse apprentice ripping the bonnet off, engine out.
Would be very interested in seeing the hours allocated, and more importantly ancillaries being replaced to get to the offending part.
Good time to have coolant hose on the turbo replaced whilst engine is out.
Was reading through some American Tone Wheel replacements re; JGC and it seems Engine stays put, and they drop the Transmission, like I said I wont be rushing in.
Old 22-06-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

I doubt they will be dropping the transmission or engine mate.....this will be a software patch. The new lazy way to 'fix' things.