Covid Booster Shot - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

RE Jimmy B and others, here is what I think. Only if you are interested of course.

Unlike the very stable and almost non-mutating polio or chicken pox or measles or mumps viruses that we all were vaccinated against as kids (we had no choice and have been better off with them), this Covid virus is one that does mutate and fairly easily. It definitely is a virus that is lab made/modified from nature initially, which makes it very hardy from the outset. So called "species barrier" crossers are particularly deadly no matter which one it might be (eg., Ebola, CJD).

The Covid virus is a species barrier crosser as well but has been lab modified to achieve "gain of function". That is, it is deliberately designed to mutate and each mutation will eventually produce a more infective and more detrimental virus. There will be a strain or two where the virus does not appear as transmissible or "bad" in terms of effects on us but each evolving strain will eventually become much more virulent.

The virus is opportunistic: that is, it will spread easier where conditions are best for it to do so. This means cool weather environments, overcrowded populations, excessive contact between people acting as carriers and transmitters, and non-vaccination. In fact, where all of these conditions exist, the virus is like a pig in swill: it can go mad and enjoy doing so. This is why vaccinating the world is so important, especially the third world and Africa etc, where living conditions and overcrowding are problematic on even a good day.

All this means that vaccines will have to constantly evolve to combat the new changes in the virus.

In Australia, we are now being well and truly treated to what happens when politics and personal ambitions for power are able to muddy the waters. And particularly in labour run states. Those of you who think that Labour is about equality and freedom had better think again: here is a living current example in Australia that shows what Labour is NOT about. And, even in the presence of overwhelming evidence that Labour govt have stuffed up, particularly in Victoria, even well educated people believe that they have been "saved" by such governments. I suppose it is a case of "all knowledge, no sense" when it comes to some of the educated.

Notwithstanding the health concerns, much of the so-called Covid management has been driven by economic imperatives posing as something else. It is only when these became unsustainable in the context of sustained (and unnecessary) lockdowns that things began to change and "freedoms" were restored. And we have all acquiesced in the bullshit that has supported even the most egregious demands forced on us by government and bureaucrats.

In effect, the world has become a giant laboratory for governments, military etc to see, monitor and learn from what happens when a deadly virus gets out of control. You can bet that on all sides, whole teams will be observing, documenting, learning etc etc etc.

In the long run, what will be will be. The virus will keep doing its thing, and politicians will play it for what it is worth. We will need to do all we can to keep ahead of it, personally and collectively. Get vaccinated, whatever that means to you. Booster shots are essential.

Re Cases at their peak here were 25k daily!! Yeah daily! 300 dead, daily!! of course this is terrible. In Italy, 800 doctors of all levels of experience died within 6 months of caring for COVID patients. How do we replace that experience and knowledge?

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 26-02-2023 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2021
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

I AZ back in July, so booster in January. I find it interesting that many antivax ones are getting their kids vaccinated. As some one said " The best vaccine is the one that you can get today". Too many keyboard experts out there.
Old 06-12-2021
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

2 AZ shots and now a Pfizer top up last week I feel like a cocktail but it's better than wearing a tin foil hat those fools will wreck it for everyone
Old 06-12-2021
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
2 AZ shots and now a Pfizer top up last week I feel like a cocktail but it's better than wearing a tin foil hat those fools will wreck it for everyone
Thailand was the first country to run cocktails, due to low numbers of availabity when the rest of the world was going hey don't mix and match, now its the norm.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 06-12-2021
Head Honcho

Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

From reports I received from my father in Brisbane, the latest Pfizer booster jab is a modified version, so at least its getting updated and getting out there. He was one of the first to be offered the booster as he is immune compromised.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 24-02-2023

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just read that the original omicron variant is gone now and currently subvariants of omicron are circulating. We all are supposed to get an updated booster every six months. The last time I did it, I felt terrible for several days. Did anyone get a booster lately?
Old 24-02-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

4x stabs so far...last one was Nov. last year...will get stabbed again in May...first 2x AZ....3rd n 4th Pfizer....only side effect was a saw arm with the last 2....better a saw arm then dead people...only my opinion

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Post New Thread  Reply