Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU) - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2022
Back again

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 64 Times in 54 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian D View Post
What year is your WG?
2004. Will try Windows 10, and XP tomorrow. There's also a setting to change the pull-up resistor value, might try a few different settings.

The speed control on it works though. Changed between max and min and it made a huge difference in the read times.
Old 07-04-2022

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Guys, I have some OBD codes that appear to work for my 2013 JKU Wrangler with 3.6 Pentadtar. Maybe it will help but no guarantees with your vehicles.
Oil temp and Oil pressure mostly seem to work although we know the sensor is dodgey.
The info below was exported from Torque Pro to a CSV spreadsheet.

NameShortNameModeAndPIDEquationMin ValueMax ValueUnitsHeaderstartDiagnosticstopDiagnosticscale minimumRefreshDelayMillis

00 Front Left TyreFL0x22a020A*92.46/2551040psi7da100310

00 Front Right TyreFR0x22a021A*92.46/2551040psi7da100310

00 Rear Left TyreRL0x22a022A*92.46/2551040psi7da100310

00 Rear Right TyreRR0x22a023A*92.46/2551040psi7da100310

000 Oil Pressure Oil Pressure0x22022a(A*150)/255-10500psiAuto10

000 Oil TemperatureOil Temp0x220121A-64-20200° CAuto10

000 Transmission Gear000 Gear0x215cLOOKUP(A:A'N':1='1st':2='2nd':3='3rd' :4='4th':5='5th':11='Rev':13='Park')02010

[CHRYSLER]Transmission Temp (Jeep 2012 and later)Trans.Fl.Tmp0x2130L-500200°C7.00E+0110

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
Guys, I have some OBD codes that appear to work for my 2013 JKU Wrangler with 3.6 Pentadtar. Maybe it will help but no guarantees with your vehicles.
Oil temp and Oil pressure mostly seem to work although we know the sensor is dodgey.
The info below was exported from Torque Pro to a CSV spreadsheet.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Thanks Old_Dog. Tried 2 of them today, but got nothing back. Could be something I did wrong though. Thanks anyway.

I can only imagine there would be some big differences between the old WG and everything else since.
Old 08-04-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 279 Times in 223 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Big differences! The WG is not OBD compliant. It was not law in Europe and Australia until 2005 (for diesel passenger cars). This is one reason why it never hit the US of A, where it was law. The WG happens to have some OBD bits that carry over from models that were OBD compliant.

Different note... Has anybody tried openvehiclediag? I'm not clear on what hardware is needed to try it.

Sent from my moto g( plus using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
Big differences! The WG is not OBD compliant. It was not law in Europe and Australia until 2005 (for diesel passenger cars). This is one reason why it never hit the US of A, where it was law. The WG happens to have some OBD bits that carry over from models that were OBD compliant.

Different note... Has anybody tried openvehiclediag? I'm not clear on what hardware is needed to try it.

Looks interesting. Seems to be a few videos linked to watch. They may explain it.

Found this comment though

"But in theory, it should be possible to run OpenVehicleDiag on nothing more than a Raspberry pi and $5 MCP2515 shield!

Also in the pipeline is experimental support for those cheap BT/USB ELM327 OBD-II adapters."

Looks like it will be worth watching the progress of it though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarHacking/...34_a_powerful/
Old 09-04-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 279 Times in 223 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Unless I have misunderstood, it looks like it might do fuel mapping and other ECU/TCM tweaks. The attractive thing is that it is genuine FOSS and hence unquestionably legal.

When I get time, I'll delve into it.

Old 09-04-2022
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
Unless I have misunderstood, it looks like it might do fuel mapping and other ECU/TCM tweaks. The attractive thing is that it is genuine FOSS and hence unquestionably legal.

When I get time, I'll delve into it.

Let us know how you go. I'm too shit scared to try anything now. I re-imaged my Windows 7 laptop thinking that it did a successful write once, and it was just after re-imaging, so might work again.

Started heading down stairs and chickened out thinking about the hassle if I wipe the ECU and can't reload it.

The thing is, now is the time to do it. The misses is away for the weekend, so if I have to pull a few "all nighters" trying to get the car running again then I won't have her in my ear.
Post New Thread  Reply